PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: at&t

StylinOnUm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Attached to another account

So i bought a BB 8530 off of craigs list for my gf and tried to activate it and sprint said that it was attached to another account and they guy who sold it to me wont answer now... So im guessing I was scammed. What can I do about this to get it to work on sprint...Also I heard that it can still be used for Cricket and PagePlus???
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Attached to another account

"Attached to another account" doesn't make any sense. If you have a Sprint phone you can normally just switch the ESN no problem, and if that was a stolen/scammed phone they tell you the ESN is bad, but they don't say "this is attached to another account"

Try switching the ESN to your Sprint account online (or your girlfriend's). I think you can update the settings to get it work on Cricket, (I know for a fact you can get winmo and androids from vzw and sprint on cricket)
Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

StylinOnUm is a n00b

Well her contract is up with sprint anyhow...She wants to switch to cricket (why I Dont Know) So we just left the cricket store and they said it needs to be flashed before it will work with cricket...How can I do that?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
"Attached to another account" doesn't make any sense. If you have a Sprint phone you can normally just switch the ESN no problem, and if that was a stolen/scammed phone they tell you the ESN is bad, but they don't say "this is attached to another account"

Try switching the ESN to your Sprint account online (or your girlfriend's). I think you can update the settings to get it work on Cricket, (I know for a fact you can get winmo and androids from vzw and sprint on cricket)
What that means is as far as the sprint rep can tell the op stole or found a phone and is trying to activate it on his line. Say you went to the gym and your locker was broken into. The theif stole your phone and activated it before you could report it stolen, you would be SOL. Good luck trying to get your money back
Old 06-05-2010, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: krave
Carrier: verzion

MobileUnlockers is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to MobileUnlockers

Ok this is what you can do. You can flash the device over to all other carriers other then Sprint. Its on the blacklist and this cant be taken off without the owner unreporting the phone stolen.

You can goto places on the net that will flash the device for you.

You can goto places like

http://cdmaflashingsoftware.fortunecity.com/index.html

i use them before they gave me all i needed to flash my sprint phone. Once the phone is on the blacklist it cant be taken off. The esn of that devices is locked. You can change the esn but it will take much effort to get it in there system
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

if its attached to someones account it means that its still active on someones subscription, or they still have a pending balance with sprint. once that subscription is canceled, or the balance is paid even sprint will release the esn from the subscription and when you try to activated it the system will not see it as a "in use" esn. normally people just stop paying their bill and think they can sell the phone.

if it was flagged stolen the rep would have gotten a different error. either way your screwed with sprint but will be ok on metro or cricket by re-flashing like others have said since they don't care that the esn is in use.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
if its attached to someones account it means that its still active on someones subscription, or they still have a pending balance with sprint. once that subscription is canceled, or the balance is paid even sprint will release the esn from the subscription and when you try to activated it the system will not see it as a "in use" esn. normally people just stop paying their bill and think they can sell the phone.

if it was flagged stolen the rep would have gotten a different error. either way your screwed with sprint but will be ok on metro or cricket by re-flashing like others have said since they don't care that the esn is in use.
Good info, and makes sense. Thank you!

BrennB
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry