PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643/5.0.0.662

Looks like the ball is rolling on Verizon trials again, since the .591 was so sad!!
Article

Download Page

Though there is a newer leak out there .662 it is not getting as great of feed back as this 643 item. However if any one is interested I can dig up some links.

Mr. X's Repacked version with junk languages and such removed: 9630AMEA_v5.0.0.643_P4.2.0.294.exe Note: you must uninstall the Leaked version before using my repacked.

Mr. X's Repacked version with junk languages and such removed: 9630AMEA_v5.0.0.662_P4.2.0.303.exe Note: you must uninstall the Leaked version before using my repacked.

BrennB

Last edited by Mr. X; 05-11-2010 at 10:29 AM. Reason: notation for newer leaked version
Old 05-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643 (Verizon)

It has both sprint and verizon files in it and to add no PTT files for the verizon ppl. There are rumors the PTT files will be pushed to your device once official is released. So I installed this to my sprint tour and 1st off of course its very stable and browser speed is the fastest I have yet to have encountered. The radio signal is spot on and not spotty like on 484 where ur signal meter has a tendency to fluctuate every second then go back up... Id say everyone should give this a go b/c it is awesome so far.
Sprint 4g speed:
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i'm itchin to try it.. gonna give it a week to see some reviews. I really like 484 for stability but that signal stuff is bothering me!

I can't wait, gonna do it tonight. Lots of great reviews out and about on the net... lets get some going here

Last edited by eenieMINI; 05-01-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: gonna try it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
It has both sprint and verizon files in it and to add no PTT files for the verizon ppl. There are rumors the PTT files will be pushed to your device once official is released. So I installed this to my sprint tour and 1st off of course its very stable and browser speed is the fastest I have yet to have encountered. The radio signal is spot on and not spotty like on 484 where ur signal meter has a tendency to fluctuate every second then go back up... Id say everyone should give this a go b/c it is awesome so far.
So this one will work with a Sprint Tour too? I might flash this to my wife's because her signal has been pretty bad with the official 484 compared to all other Sprint phones.

EDIT: Also, if it will work with Sprint, can someone please reupload? The original download link says the file has been removed.

EDIT 2: I found this mirror - http://www.sendspace.com/file/nh2fac
Old 05-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Yes Frosty, I'm running it on my Sprint Tour straight up and Brol1k is also. There is also yet, another, leak a 662 I think it was... I can't keep up. I'm gonna stick with this for a bit and see if one of these becomes official as I'm passing my Tour to my son and getting the new Bold that comes out soon.

Anyway, yeah, delete vendor.xml and you're good. I even have read reports that there is no need to delete vendor that it is a generic vendor file.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643

I will try it tonight. I was reading stuff on Crackberry about 662 and quite a few seem to think 643 is better.

The main thing is I'm hoping it fixes her bad signal fluctuation she gets in some spots.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

The 643 definitely fixed my bobbing signal from 484.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Retired Staff

This seems to have helped with the signal along with some other changes.

I changed the network selection to 1xev from Global, then I also put the SIM card in backwards so it wouldn't recognize that there's one in there. After making the first switch it would still go into Digital Roaming for some reason, even with a good Sprint signal. After putting the SIM in backwards it hasn't gone into Digital Roaming yet.

I saw that suggestion at Crackberry and it seems to have worked.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

I have my sim in backwards but have left it on 1XEV as I understood global to be searching for GSM which would be a waste of energey/power/whatever. Am I wrong in that thought?
Old 05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Retired Staff

Yeah, that should be right. It defaults to Global though, but 1XEV should save on battery and possibly helps the signal issue I was having.

I think putting the SIM in backwards really helped the fluctuating between 1XEV, 1X and Digital Roaming.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry