PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 9630/Sprint to MetroPCS
Carrier: >>>MetroPCS<<<

kngri is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643/5.0.0.662

I keep getting this when i try to load "9630AMEA_v5.0.0.662_P4.2.0.303"

Can anyone help...

Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 2.jpg (12.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Try following this method am
Nd let us know how it worked. DM doesn't always see the OS

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125405

BrennB
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
N00b

kngri is a n00b

No luck with this! (

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Try following this method am
Nd let us know how it worked. DM doesn't always see the OS

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125405
Old 06-23-2010, 04:09 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Are you running with administrative privileges?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:04 AM
N00b

kngri is a n00b

Yes sir, i'm using Administrative Privileges. Also I'm using metroPCS with this 9630 from Sprint (BlackBerry9630_5.0.0.624) and i was trying to get an light OS (BlackBerry9630_5.0.0.624) with out all the stuff that wont work, like email and such...

thanks

Last edited by kngri; 06-23-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK... Lets do this

1. on your PC go to add/remove programs and remove any installed OS.
2. plug your phone into PC and be sure DM recognizes it. If so save your contacts etc via backup app.
3. unplug phone.

4. install BBSAK v1.7 found at rimgeeks.com (or someplace on here maybe)
5. install ShrinkaOS.

6. find BBSAK in your program files folder (navigate to it don't use start menu) and right click on the exe file run as admin. Backup your apps, wait for it! the popup comes up fast but the backup hasn't even started, watch phone.

7. do not disconnect your pone, close BBSAK open ShrinkaOS the same way, navigate to exe and rightclick run as admin do not right click on shortcut and run. At the top is a navigation window/line to find your OS, use that to find the OS you just installed, check off anything you want shrunk out, even if Mr.X shrunk it already just do it... click on the large, "shrink my OS" button at bottom.
8. NOW, do not disconnect, instead click "load os" from shrink window. a loader window comes up, check the parts you need like docs to go, notes, bbm etc. then run it.

This works everytime. let me know.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
This seems to have helped with the signal along with some other changes.

I changed the network selection to 1xev from Global, then I also put the SIM card in backwards so it wouldn't recognize that there's one in there. After making the first switch it would still go into Digital Roaming for some reason, even with a good Sprint signal. After putting the SIM in backwards it hasn't gone into Digital Roaming yet.

I saw that suggestion at Crackberry and it seems to have worked.
If you're having signal fluctuation, you can also try...

Going to options>advanced>host routing table and hit the menu button and "register now"

Some people on Crackberry are reporting that this helps their signal fluctuation.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so which one of Mr. X's repacked rom in the first post is the better? what's the difference between the 643 and 662?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

My tour behaved better with 643 as far as stable signal and battery life. I gave the tour to my son when I upgraded to bold. Still running my own shrunk 643.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

otay...643 it is. tenchu!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry