PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643

Hows battery on this? the VZW shipped was garbage, Even with a telus radio instead of theirs. Im going to download this and trim the fat, ill re-up the skinny OS with the radio separate.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 05-10-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Ive updated the first post with a repack ive made. I have removed all the garbage from the OS and have it set to auto run the loader after it extracts. If you have already installed the rim 9630AMEA_v5.0.0.643_P4.2.0.294 you will have to uninstall this first or when you flash the os your computer will still have the junk files and u wont be flashing a skinny os. Get it here
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mr. X. That makes things simple. I love the 643 OS. I used SAOS (shrink os) and got rid of some junk so the java folder was only 52mb and then installed with BBSAK. To me this is the best so far, no signal bounce like I was getting with Sprint's 484 and 624, great battery and fast browser with no click issues. ON the 624 I had bouncy signal, broswer click issue and I kept losing my bluetooth (it would spontaneously disable and would not re-enable without a battery pull).

So 643 is way to go for me now. I'm probably leaving it on as I'll get the Bold 9650 July 1 when I can upgrade and pass this on to my son.

BrennB
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff

Re: Latest Tour Leak 5.0.0.643/5.0.0.662

Mr. X's Repacked version with junk languages and such removed: 9630AMEA_v5.0.0.662_P4.2.0.303.exe Note: you must uninstall the Leaked version before using my repacked.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

How is battery life? I'm on it and I'm not sure.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

For me the 643 battery is great! I did a wipe/load of the OS and for backup I only reset the contacts and memos. The rest I reloaded from scratch.I did 3 10 minute battery pulls the first 2hrs of loading and resetting. today I ahven't really used the phone at all (home sick) so its at 95% after sittle idle off the charger for 8hrs. On Sunday/Mother's Day I had 2hrs of phone calls, then lots of bbms and texts and a bit of surfing and reading books, not much a but some. I went to bed with 70% battery after 12hrs
Old 05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

I just took out my sim. Since im on sprint. So far I like the repack super stable and fast. but soon ill be using the EVO.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

yeah I have my sim turned around backwards.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Retired Staff

been running 662 on my girls phone i traded her for my TP2 for a few days to trouble shoot her battery issues that the VZW release had. seems to be great so far.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

So far battery life is good.
I use alot more then when i have my Mogul and Touch Pro about 45min of internet plug always on Google talk and msn and it last about 1 1/2days.
Mr. X thanks for posting these.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry