PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

jtnet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
torrent application for non winmo devices?

currently i have a palm treo pro.
I download a daily radio show via torrent with WMTorrent. i tried out windows 6.5 and i hate the interface, takes forever to do things. i need real buttons also.
Is it possible to get torrents on the fly with a blackberry?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: torrent application for non winmo devices?

moved to BlackBerry Apps for better answers
Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

i found that there is a client that should work on the blackberry phones but i havent personally used it. its called mobtorrent its open sourced. Good luck

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thanks for looking out!

BrennB
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

jtnet is a n00b

mobtorrent doesnt seem to work
Old 04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I did a quick search for mobtorrent and seems it has worked for some but there is some editing to do with the ports and you need to specifically allow it in your bb firewall settings.
I do not know anything about torrents/clients etc but this is what I've read around and about. Do a search on google for blackbrry torrent client and see if it make sense.
Wish I could help more.
I did read one suggestion was to get a remote desktop app on the BB and use it to connect to your torrent client on your desktop.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

i think that you would have to open that port in the firewall and allow the connections maybe???
Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Still a Geek

Thats what it sounded like when I was searching but since I've never used torrents or whatever I'm unfamiliar with all of it. I just wanted to throw it out there that the mentioned app "should" work with some tweaking.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

jtnet is a n00b

did some googling for a while with BB and mobtorrent, no real info
Old 04-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Still a Geek

ARgh! Well, if you ever do find a usuable product report back your findings so we can share with others. Thanks for looking!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry