PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Sprint

photojenius27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27
Tour question for Sprint Users

I got so much help with the email questions I had and successfully got this taken care of so thank all of you that have helped me with that.

I haven't been able to do too much recently to my phone or go through this forum to figure out what all I can do, but for all the Sprint users who know that the sprint tv automatically comes with and are not a frequent user of those things is there a way to actually get rid of the Sprint stuff that we do not use such as the Sprint TV or does that even use up memory at all? If it does I'd like to know how I can delete it I don't ever use it and never plan to, I don't watch hardly any tv.

If you even just have a link to somewhere on this forum to help figure it out that'd be great as well, I haven't had very much time on here to really go through things so I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered and I'm just overlooking what I have checked.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Tour question for Sprint Users

By default, the Sprint stuff is just shortcuts to a download URL, so they don't take up much space at all. As far as I know you can't delete them, but you can hide them.

Scroll over to one then hit the BB menu. One option should be Hide. Later on, if you want to show them, hit the BB menu and do Show All.

If you actually installed them, then I think you can go into your Applications list under Options and delete/uninstall it from there.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yep, what frosty said, if you actually had clicked and installed to check them out then go into options/applications and delete.

However, the "link" icon will come back down again when you do a battery pull or resend your registration (which some OS do automatically with battery pull).

So, do as Frosty suggest, but one step further. Create a folder to put them all in then hide the folder.

To do this:
from home screen press menu/berry button (the one with the dots) to get to the app screen. Then press the menu/berry button again and choose, "add folder" type in a name that makes sense, IE: JUNK and then hit add.

Now go from each Icon/app you don't want/won't be using (sprint crud) and highlight hten hit berry button again and choose "Move to folder" find that folder and enter. After you've moved everything then you can highlight the Junk folder and press berry menu and "hide"

If you need to see it again just go to the main app screen by pressing berry button on home page, press menu button again and hten "show all" the folder will come back into view slightly faded showing you its a hidden folder.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thank you both! I put them in folders and hid the folder. Now on to the App section in this forum to see what are some of the best apps to get and to get me another theme for my screen.

I'm finally getting somewhere and loving this phone!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Things to remember with themes....
Themes also can affect how your phone works, IE shortcuts, organizing, etc.. so read the details of each theme.
Themes are relative to specific OS (be sure when you choose a theme you choose for OS 4 or 5 Depending on what you have loaded on your Tour).
Themes can SOMETIMES run on different phone models. IE: If you're running OS 5 you can use themes for Bold 8900, 9560, and 9000 or the Tour 9630.. all have same resolution screen size, so the layouts will work so long as you're loading OS 5 themes.
Lots of great free themes in the theme section on Crackberry.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Things to remember with themes....
Themes also can affect how your phone works, IE shortcuts, organizing, etc.. so read the details of each theme.
Themes are relative to specific OS (be sure when you choose a theme you choose for OS 4 or 5 Depending on what you have loaded on your Tour).
Themes can SOMETIMES run on different phone models. IE: If you're running OS 5 you can use themes for Bold 8900, 9560, and 9000 or the Tour 9630.. all have same resolution screen size, so the layouts will work so long as you're loading OS 5 themes.
Lots of great free themes in the theme section on Crackberry.

I have OS 5 on mine but thanks for the info I will be sure to read through all the info they give over these themes to make sure I get the right one and am not putting something on my phone that will make it hard for me to find or understand things.

I really appreciate all the info all of you have been giving me.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry tour
Carrier: sprint 30fcc738

damarcomclemore is a n00b

Well i bought a tour from someone on craigslist and their email address was still on the phone. I did a wipe, hard reset and went into email setup and tried deleting their email account, nothing worked. So I then went into the service books, options-advanced options-service books, and deleted their email account from their. I then went in and deleted aol messenger, icq messenger, sprint tv, sprint music store and pretty much every other application that i don't have any use of and freed up 20 megs of space on my phone. Please don't quote me on the amount of freed up space, but what I am trying to say is that I got rid of all of Sprint's bloatware and some other apps I am not using and my phone has ran fine for 3 days. I have done 3 battery pulls a day and the phone runs as smooth as silk and faster. The faster is from another program I have running but still the poit is that sprint's blatware is gone and my phone was not bricked and runs factory smooth.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Still a Geek

awesome for you! I found that running a clean install of OS and then doing a security wipe before installing any apps gives me a smooth running BB too.

Question: In your process of deleting all the apps, servicebooks were you able to set up your BB with your email etc or did you have to call into Sprint?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry tour
Carrier: sprint 30fcc738

damarcomclemore is a n00b

i could set up my blackberry with my emails and no calls to sprint or going to a repair center. I was happy for that.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Still a Geek

It's nice when things fixup without hitches!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry