PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[How-To] Blackberry Messenger Symbols/Emoticons

Recently, I've found that not only myself but many of newer BB users have/had no idea how to, or that it was even possible, to use emoticons in your BB Messenger status as well as beside your name. I wanted to make this easy tutorial for our BB users on how to join in on the fun.

Example 1: Flags beside your name in BB Messenger Status/Name Box

This is an example found online at bbdreamblog

Depending on the country you would like to use (and you can use one on each side of your name) you would type in this wherever you'd like them to be placed:

*JA* = Jamaica
*US* = United States
*DE* = Germany
*CA* = Canada
*UK* = United Kingdom

Example 2: Icon beside your name in BB Messenger Status/Name Box

This is an example found online at bbdreamblog

To use your own icons, have the icon saved to your phone, in picture folder. Go to your IM, select BB key, Select My profile and then click on your current picture to change. It will ask you to find the file which is where you have placed it. Select BB key and save

Example 3: Smilies/Emoticons beside your name in BB Messenger Status/Name Box

This is a live example from my phone personally

Once in the field you want a smiliey, hit the BB button twice and you get the smileys or you can press it once and select add smileys.

If you have any easier ways or suggestions, feel free to post them here.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: [How-To] Blackberry Messenger Symbols/Emoticons

awesome! will you copy this into the general faq as well?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I'm going to make it a sticky just forgot to and I'm on mobile so ASAP ill do that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

I take no credit for finding these. But here are some more smileys / emoticons for bbm only. They dont show up on the pc its fine. What i did to get them on my BB is just highlight and copy this stuff below and email it to urself then when you receive the email copy it from the email to the bbm and then highlight and copy an emoticon that you want and make an autotext for it.
the way you make an autotext is to goto option > autotext then make a shortcut and paste the symbol in the "with" column then type ur short cut in the bbm and press space and the emoticon will show.





 ‎​​‎​‎‎​​‎​‎​‎ ​
     










This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

As the above post says even though these look like funky boxes, when you copy/paste to your BB you will have the symbols. Save them in a note or email and then add as Facemob suggested, they are quite amusing!

Here's screen shot of what is all in those "boxes"

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 04-28-2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added screenshots
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

thx for the screen shots brenn
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry