PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
8530 Call dropping

Anyone else notice how 8530 drops calls in areas of low tower? My other phones may suffer some "talk" quality in those areas but the curve will completely drop the call.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: 8530 Call dropping

Try *228 option 2 to update your tower and signal If you haven't already that normally helps

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gotta love the battery life on the 8530! If only you could switch between BB and Pre online without having to call Sprint! Alas, alack and welladay.

Last edited by wudstock54; 04-02-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:45 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

oops, didn't realize you had sprint. *228 doesn't work for you, only with Verizon haha, my fault for that one.

Sucks you have terrible battery life and signal! You know what I'd say..switch
Old 04-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I didn't use that code. Sorry I wasn't clearer. I just refreshed what us old time windows mobile folks still think of as the prl, provisioning I suppose on a BB. Also I was bragging on the battery life. Read my mind girl, not my words, haha. Again, sorry I wasn't clearer. I love Sprint (roams on Verizon so does that count???).

Last edited by wudstock54; 04-02-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Also another trick to increase/reset signal (different than updating prl) is to dial *18 you will hear two buzzes then air.. then it will disconnect. This is supposedly to have the phone reconnect to local towers.

BrennB
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Go to the menu>Settings>Mobile Network, check to see if you are on Sprint Only/Home Only or Automatic...toggle between the two depending on location to acheive the best possible signal. Home Only, for those who do not get nationwide roaming included and get charged for roaming want this to say Sprint Only/Home Only so that they only use Sprint towers...for those of us who have nationwide/no roaming, we can use whatever tower is closest to our phone and can leave our phones in Automatic mode sometimes resulting in better signal strength and less call drop. Generally the rep at the store will put you in Home mode before you leave to avoid being held responsible for insane roaming charges on your bill.

WARNING: check your calling plan to make sure you will not be charged for roaming before switching this setting.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Always in auto mode. Just doesn't handle weak signal as well as my palms apparently. Thanks for your posting. Life is still good in Sprintland. Also, I've figured out the fix. When I drop a call I just call back and ask "what's wrong with your phone?". Works almost everytime haha.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Folks I'm sorry to let ya'll down but I've had to let go of the 8530. The reception issues and lack of "forced roaming" just made it too difficult to overcome. Back to the Pre full time. Thanks for your help and suggestions. Good Luck.
David
Old 04-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Bummer. Sorry we couldnt help more.
Any chance you want to donate your 8530 to me for research?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry