PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who has their BlackBerry unlocked?

I was over at Crackberry.com trying to do some basic 101-style learning and found the unlock section. I will potentially be traveling overseas for work, so thought I would take a peak.

Turns out, my Tour is already unlocked! I don't know if the previous owner did this, or it came that way. Apparently a number of Sprint Tours have come SIM unlocked by mistake.

To check:

1. Options
2. Advanced Options
3. Sim Card
4. Type MEPD on the BB Keyboard - nothing will show on the screen to indicate your are typing
5. After typing, a listing of items should appear
6a. If network says "Disabled" you are unlocked
6b. If network says "Active" you are locked
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: Who has their BlackBerry unlocked?

all mines says disabled and mines was str8 new from sprint

Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i won an unlock code yesterday from boygeniusreport.com! i'll be putting it to use!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Apparently Sprint doesn't lock sim capabilities on their BBs. But VZW does, recently got my SIM unlock code but had to get from a 3rd party site since VZW was no help in wanting to give me the code.
~Mike

Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah if you have sprint and its not automatically unlocked when you get it you just call and say you need your sim unlock code they send you to the international line and you're given what you need. Its a simple process and what I needed to do when I got mine because I have one of the initial release models that weren't unlocked yet.

I think you can get it done with a phone call to Verizon also, shouldn't be a fee. Its not like WinMo phones where we need to unlock them so we can mod them.. its more of unlocking to use the sim card on gsm carrier.

BrennB
Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Threadstarter

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah.

I have seen prices from $15 to $70 to unlock your phone. Seems like a HUGE waste of money.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:04 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Touch Diamond: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.61 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

How do you do it? Is it pretty easy?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

When you get your code its simple to input the data. There is a step by step somewhere but you're basically just typing on the phone.

found this on Google since I couldn't find my notes on my computer, I probably deleted the steps after I successfully unlocked... of course you need to call your carrier's international support line but the rest is the same..

1. Call Sprint International Support – (817) 698-4199, prompt #2
2. Ask them if they’d kindly unlock your SIM slot on your BlackBerry Tour
3. Turn off your wireless network connection on the Tour (yes, you’ll have to call from another phone)
4. Click on Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
5. Type MEPD
6. Type MEP2
7. The representative should give you a 16-digit code
8. Thank the representative for their help
9. Reboot your phone and you’re ready to go

When it says type MEPD you just start typing on the SIM card screen there is no place to "input" the text. when you type MEPD the next screen comes up and you do the MEP2 then you put the code

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-30-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry