PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BBSAK Blackberry Swiss Army Knife

This is a very handy App i've been using awhile from the guys at RIMGeeks.com...its basiclly a Java loader with a great GUI and many other add features like backup and restore of third pary APPS.

I posted the APP as well but be sure to go to the site as well so they can track the downloads
OP http://www.rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

BBSAK
Main Features
• Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error
• Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy
• Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My Pictures\BBScreenies now)
• Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first.
• Displays PIN so you know your connected.
• Will not let you do any actions until phone detected.
• Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe. (BBDM is needed for this)
• Backup 3rd Party Apps*
• Restore 3rd Party Apps**
*Save to Program Files\BBSAK\Backup (only 1 backup at a time) Will prompt to make rename if backup already exits (click ok to see folder for name change)
**Restore within Loader.exe

Needed:
.NET Framework 2.0
Blackberry Desktop Manager or Drivers

NEW to v1.7.0
• Auto Update Feature Now Included (upon load bbsak will check to verify you have the most current version install)
• Compact view button now available in all expanded windows
• Restore Apps completion popup now pops up at correct time
• Some small speed tweaks also included with this version

v1.6.3 Fixes
• Some users experienced read system errors completely fixed with v1.6.3
• Form can now be maximized (hope it helps with resolution issues)

NEW to v1.6
• Brand New Tabbed Layout for better organization
• Animated app expansion
• Multiple COD install now available through the "Install COD(s)" button
• Multiple COD removal now available through the "Remove COD(s)" button (Read system required to remove cods)
• Install JAD files (ALL CODs referenced in JAD file must be in the SAME FOLDER as JAD)
• JAD Maker now included! (Box is drag and drop for windows xp and vista users only)
• New BB Screenshot Preview! - Preview your screenshot before you save it!
• RESTORE APPS BUTTON IS BACK!!! (NOTE** will install all files under "BBSAK BACKUP" in the applications section of your blackberry removing this app will remove ALL apps in the backup!!!!! THE ALX IS STILL CREATED!!! feel free to install that via loader.exe or blackberry desktop manager)

v1.5
• Kill Processes Button added (if your having trouble connecting click kill processes to close (BBdevmgr.exe and RimDevManager.exe both started by desktop manager)
• Full System Dump (Save ALL Cods on device) (Dump CODs)
• Save button added to Read System (saves all the file names to a SystemRead.txt)
• Save button added to Read Event Log (saves Event Log to EventLog.txt)
• ACCURATE Progress Bar added to 3rd Party Backup
• ACCURATE Progress Bar added to Full System Dump
• Files now displayed as they are being saved
• Can now Save Multiple CODs at one time
• Error handling added when Read and Save COD button is pushed with nothing selected

v1.4
We had some fun with cosmetics in this build...
• BBSAK now has a new icon
• AutoDetect Now changes image on BBSAK to whatever phone is connected
• Read System now includes Version and Size (can be sorted, still working on size sorting)
• ALX now includes version number (displays in applications menu on phone and bbdm)
• BBSAK now closes BBDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManger.exe before attempting to connect (these are started by bbdm and cause issues with BBSAK)
• Added ability to Read Event Log
• Added ability to Clear Event Log

v1.3
• New way to detect device implemented MUCH MORE efficient and accurate
• Radio is now temporarily disabled while backing up devices (turns back on when backup completed)
• Backup now creates .alx file (allows you to install from loader.exe/desktop manager) and wont give you trouble when using desktop manager
• Restore 3rd Party apps removed - with alx install in 1 step with loader.exe
• Ability to Read all Apps on the Blackberry (3rd party and stock)
• Ability to Save individual COD files (C:\Program Files\BBSAK\CODs\(App name)\cod file)
• Ability to Remove individual COD files (THEY WILL BE LOST FOR GOOD!)
• Ability to Load individual COD files (some require phone restarting others do not depends if app is running in background)
• Donate button! please donate if you appreciate our hard work!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BBSAKv1.7_Installer.zip (492.0 KB, 448 views) Click for barcode!

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: BBSAK Blackberry Swiss Army Knife

this should help some people

Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

I have had bbsak on my desktop but never use it, cause I didn't know exactly how...thx
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Its an awesome app. The most useful day to day part is the ability to easily back up your third party apps... no convoluted turns and twists like you have to do with desktop manager.
Basically, shut down desktop manager but leave device manager running, click on bbsak (use version 1.7) and then it will load your phone, if you don't have a password on your phone (IE don't have to enter password for desktop manager) then just click OK and leave the field blank on the password popup. Now you have several choices, you can backup and restore apps, load apps, glean your COD files for later use, pack them for reinstall (no need to redownload) you can make OTA reinstallers. You can wipe and reset your phone, I use it to backup then wipe before updating OS.

BrennB
Old 01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Im downloading bbsak 1.7 now, I had 1.5 installed. I was alittle outdated...lol
I might be doing my first full device wipe soon...

Last edited by info[]box1; 01-06-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Exigent Circumstance

BBSAK doesnt recognize my berry...

edit: nevermind i got it to work... just loaded the .cod file for berryjoose...that was pretty easy...

Last edited by info[]box1; 01-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Well I asked not to post to other places or at least link to my download, but since I wrote the app and all I guess I will let it slide. Thinking of shutting RIMGeeks down and redirecting to these forums....
~Mike

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:58 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think that's a great idea! We can use some increased traffic in these BB forums and since PPCGeeks has such widely respected response we should get some great membership!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Well I asked not to post to other places or at least link to my download, but since I wrote the app and all I guess I will let it slide. Thinking of shutting RIMGeeks down and redirecting to these forums....
~Mike

you would take all the credit....
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
you would take all the credit....
You know how to fire me up! Who claimed credit for 6 months now on other bb forums? Cough Cough.... Plus ppl know we co-wrote after what v1.4? POW POW biotch.
~mike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry