PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.442 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Might I say you guys both did an awesome job on bbsak... The only thing I executed with it so far is, loading the .cod file for berryjoose. I look forward to doing a lot more.

Thx Guys...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: BBSAK Blackberry Swiss Army Knife

Mike should we ask questions about the ap in this thread or set up a new one? Maybe we can trouble shoot why I can't get a total wipe on my BB but instead get the "low level wipe" notice.

BrennB
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Mike should we ask questions about the ap in this thread or set up a new one? Maybe we can trouble shoot why I can't get a total wipe on my BB but instead get the "low level wipe" notice.
We will roll with this one. Me & Wow are not sure since Wow himself uses Win7 64bit & and a Sprint tour and it works fine. Kind of odd....everything else works tho?
~mike

Old 01-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yep, well restore apps doesn't work, it just quickly slides through and says process complete but doesn't actually load apps, however I can navigate to the backup that was made by bbsak and install from the loader so its not a biggie.
BTW I have the same problem with my Vista 32bit machine.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Still a Geek

I'm going to rewipe either tonight or tomorrow so I'll see what happens then. I'm going to try a hybrid....these bbgeeks are breaking me down.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB 9630 Tour
Carrier: sprint

fparkin is just getting started

this is a great app i used it on my tour
Old 02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Still a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
We will roll with this one. Me & Wow are not sure since Wow himself uses Win7 64bit & and a Sprint tour and it works fine. Kind of odd....everything else works tho?
~mike
I got it.. well, this could have been user error the entire time. When I do a wipe I get the message "are you sure? low level wipe" I click OK and I immediately get a pop up saying process was completed successfully, I look at my phone and its the same. So think its not working.. Last night I waited and watched and realized the hour glass was going and sure enough after a time I got the reboot and white reload software screen I had wanted.

So I tried the restore option and wait but that still doesn't work. It says backup restored but no matter how long I wait nothing happens.. I have to restore via reload cods or use apploader and load the axl file.

However, the biggest thing is I was able to cleanly and fully wipe successfully. I just have to remember to leave it connected even if BBSAK says complete.

... so why did I wipe?? loaded my first hybrid.. I had been running MTS 419 so I tried one of dripters hybrids but had too many issues right off the bat that I didn't want to deal with so I went with 1 2 Many's v4 build 2. So far loving it. No more blank screens I had with the MTS straight up.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vd
Carrier: fsda

joanaugusts is a n00b

My blackberry was upgrading software when the electricity went of and now the computer does not pick it up on usb.Is there any solution for this?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Still a Geek

So your phone never completed upgrade and now won't connect to the PC?

Reboot everything and reconnect. Had you already backed up via Desktop Manager (for emails and contacts etc) and BBSAK for 3rd party apps?

IF this is the case, will your phone boot up at all?

IF the phone will boot up when you've connected to PC and then open BBSAK... if device not found click on "kill processes" then click on connect again, this should connect the phone to pc.. procede with upgrade.

IF the phone won't boot up, plug into cable to phone, but not PC, open BBSAK so it its running, Take out battery of phone, replace battery and as phone is 'trying' to boot up plug cable to PC, this should allow BBSAK to catch the phone, you can then 'wipe" and restart your upgrade.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 03-26-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
Well I asked not to post to other places or at least link to my download, but since I wrote the app and all I guess I will let it slide. Thinking of shutting RIMGeeks down and redirecting to these forums....
~Mike

Glad to see your app is being used all over the internet! Congrats to you baby and wowthatisrandom for your hard work on this application

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry