PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Curve 8520
Carrier: Cable and Wireless

Sipurim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using BB Tour 9360 with 2 carriers & CDMA flashing

Hi all,
I currently Have a unique situation where I have two phone services, one in Miami (MetroPCS, CDMA) and one in Panama (Cable & Wireless, GSM). I want to be able to use the same phone for both, and from everything I've read since I started looking, this seems possible with the BB Tour 9360. The main problem I've encountered is that if I use MetroPCS' MetroFlash(Houdini from what I've read) service the phone will only be good for talk and text in Miami. I've also seen many people online who have found ways to get around this and have all or most of the features on their phone made available. Does anybody know how to get the 9360 to work with MetroPCS without being limited to talk and text? Or perhaps where to look to find out? Any information that could shed light on how to allow me to use 1 phone for both countries and be able to freely switch between the two services and have all the features of the MetroPCS service available would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Using BB Tour 9360 with 2 carriers & CDMA flashing

You'd use a sim card from a carrier/or prepaid for panama for the gsm service. Once you've flashed to metro it shouldn't matter going back and forth. YOU go into your network settings and set it gsm or cdma or choose from what's available. I would check with crackberry or berryos to find out about flashing for full services for metro.

BrennB
Old 12-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll look into it but the issue with metro and other companys like them is the fact that they are more like a 3rd party vendor...meaning the service you get is through another company.(sprint, verizon,ect...) That being said they normally don't pay the carriers for smart phone data. Yet im sure there is some way around that.

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

Anybody has any idea about how to fully flash a blackberry tour 9630 to metropcs? i am thinking thru houdini at the metro stores, but how can i setup web and mms after the basic initial flash?? Pls help
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Tags
tour 9360 flash metro