PDA

View Full Version : [TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, witout mtty

agent_47
04-01-2010, 07:21 AM
i thought of re doing doloop's modd for CDMA TP2 :)
and here it is :) fully tested to be working :)
confirmation thnx to ziggy471: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6052356&postcount=97
now we can mtty our TP2 without having the need of MTTY and its drivers :)

INSTRUCTIONS:
- download and unzip
- put you favorite RADIO in the mix
- run then task29.exe and wait for it to finish.....
- device will reboot but will neva go past the bootscreen coz there is no OS to boot :eek:
- take our batti and then flash a rom using mSD card or by taking device into bootloader and using customRUU to load ur favorite ROM :)

DOWNLOAD:
task29 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302249&d=1270119781)

CREDIT:
all credit goes to doloop for coming up with the idea :)
Hi,

I hex edited RomUpdateUtility.exe so it runs task 29 right after flashing ruu_signed.nbh

As every one understand this command format the rom,

Just unzip and run task29.exe . You may replace ruu_signed.nbh with the radio of your choice.

After the phone reset itself, your old rom will be gone, so it won't boot: binfs has been formated, your phone memory is clean.
You'll need to power up in bootloader mode (press vol down right after power key), then use the leocustomruu.exe provided with your favorite rom package, or flash it from memory card using standard procedure.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5845908&postcount=1

ai6908
04-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Thank you Sir!:)

MordyT
04-01-2010, 02:18 PM
To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.

If you have a question about a specific ROM/Radio/Kitchen, then please post it in the appropriate thread.

ALL other threads should be the the device's forum (for example, those related to hardware, GPS, bluetooth, etc).

If you have a reg edit or tweak...if it applies to multiple devices, then please post it in the 'PPC Registry Tweaks' forum and list which devices its compatible with. If it is device specific, then post it in the device forum, NOT the Upgrades forums.

If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it.

I disagree this time. This is solely used for ROM flashing.
Thanks Agent_47

ziggy471
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
confirmation thnx to ziggy471: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6052356&postcount=97

INSTRUCTIONS:
- download and unzip
- device will reboot but will neva go past the bootscreen coz there is no OS to boot :eek:
- take our batti and then flash a rom using mSD card or by taking device into bootloader and using customRUU to load ur favorite ROM :)

DOWNLOAD:
task29 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302249&d=1270119781)

CREDIT:

Welcome over here to PPCG, glad to see that you decided to post it here too.

Z

GaryMcQ
04-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I disagree this time. This is solely used for ROM flashing.
Thanks Agent_47

I also agree with you on this. I think it should be posted in every ROM thread out there.

ffkip911
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
is this confirmed cdma? this is the filename...sounds GSM to me
Radio 2.08.50.05 + task29.zip

ziggy471
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
is this confirmed cdma? this is the filename...sounds GSM to me
Radio 2.08.50.05 + task29.zip
If you read it, I confirmed it last night on my TP2 over on XDA, so yes, it works.

Z

Nygel
04-01-2010, 07:32 PM
this has probadly been ask but what RADIO'S technically you can use to flash with this?

ziggy471
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
this has probadly been ask but what RADIO'S technically you can use to flash with this?
Any of the radios, or a splash screen.

If you'd prefer, here's one with a splash screen all build in, just run it and go through the RUU like normal.

Click Here to Download (http://www.ziggy471.com/downloads/Task29.exe)

Z

proxhack
04-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Great job!!!

Thank you!

mwalt2
04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Any reason why this would be TP2 specific (assuming you used a radio appropriate for your device)? Seems like a nice idea.

gadgetfreak
04-02-2010, 12:28 AM
At MordyT's request and explanation to me, I've restored the thread to it's original place...

LinearBurn
04-02-2010, 02:26 AM
I think this might be sticky worthy asuming you do a guide and a good decription of what the utility does exactly (i had to look it up (mtty) ) please include you screen shots for the guide :P this will give the general joe a good idea what the utility is and advoide conusion (yes im still noobish ) thanks m8t

1999TL
04-02-2010, 02:41 AM

INSTRUCTIONS:
- download and unzip

DOWNLOAD:

CREDIT:

Nice. Thanks fellas.

swlaraut
04-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry if this is a noob Q, but... I have never flashed the radio on my TP2 because I am happy with stock one. If I use task 29 does it wipe the radio too? Will I have to find and flash the radio or go back to my stock USCC rom, which includes the radio, before flashing a custom rom? Thanks

tpeazy
04-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry if this is a noob Q, but... I have never flashed the radio on my TP2 because I am happy with stock one. If I use task 29 does it wipe the radio too? Will I have to find and flash the radio or go back to my stock USCC rom, which includes the radio, before flashing a custom rom? Thanks

I really think this is a good question. Maybe the op can make this a little more clear for some of us. Some may not want to flash a radio and so I have attached the exe that I found on the link that doesn't need a radio nbh. This is not from ME...I have simply attached. All the cred goes to doloop and Shadrac for his help.Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5848003&postcount=19

Tp

P.S. Don't you have to be radio unlocked to flash a radio on the TP2? Especially a Sprint TP2? Or am I just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off?

swlaraut
04-03-2010, 09:58 PM
P.S. Don't you have to be radio unlocked to flash a radio on the TP2? Especially a Sprint TP2? Or am I just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off?

Thats one of the reasons I asked. I have never radio unlocked my phone, but do I need to to use this tool? Sorry for having more questions, and no answers. :(

Mayonesa
04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Thats one of the reasons I asked. I have never radio unlocked my phone, but do I need to to use this tool? Sorry for having more questions, and no answers. :(

if your phone is unlocked to flash roms you can flash any radio found in the sticky here but one of the sprint, it says which one...

you have to be security unlocked for that one...

but the others are good to go

swlaraut
04-03-2010, 11:20 PM
if your phone is unlocked to flash roms you can flash any radio found in the sticky here but one of the sprint, it says which one...

you have to be security unlocked for that one...

but the others are good to go

Thanks, one question out of the way, but do you HAVE to replace the radio?

Mayonesa
04-03-2010, 11:21 PM
no you can use the same one you have if you want.

ProDriver77
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

no you can use the same one you have if you want.

if I can use the same radio, then this won't wipe out my Sprint radio?

For example, if I want to flash the newest MightyROM:

1. Flash Task 29.
2. Enter Bootloader Mode.
3. Flash MightyROM.

That's it? No need to flash a radio in this case?

Sorry if this is a repeat question. The answers I've read thus far are a bit confusing.

I'm being a very special person today. Let me put on my helmet and stop licking the windows LOL.

Mayonesa
04-03-2010, 11:55 PM
you have to add the radio to the task29 folder. the RUU_signed.nbh for the radio

add it then use the task29.exe

swlaraut
04-04-2010, 12:06 AM
you have to add the radio to the task29 folder. the RUU_signed.nbh for the radio

add it then use the task29.exe

Well I did it! Don't know if it was quit as sanitary as your method but it worked. I downloaded the radio for my carrier and since it was in a exe file I just ran task 29, them installed my radio next, then put in my custom rom and all seems to have worked great. It sure saves a lot of steps over the flash dance!

Thxs for all the the help.:)

Quick note: the only version of task 29 that worked for me was in post #9 (maybe the others require you to drop in the radio).

MordyT
04-04-2010, 01:02 AM
The reason why is...the one in post 9 has a bootscreen. You didn't need to flash your radio with the one in post 29...since it flashes a bootscreen...

ProDriver77
04-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Since I'm running the stock Sprint radio, do I need to run Sprint Radio Unlocker prior to running this tool with the radio dropped in?

MordyT
04-04-2010, 01:45 AM

Since I'm running the stock Sprint radio, do I need to run Sprint Radio Unlocker prior to running this tool with the radio dropped in?
No. Run the one in post 9, no need to flash a radio. Must be HSPL unlocked.

ProDriver77
04-04-2010, 02:01 AM

No. Run the one in post 9, no need to flash a radio. Must be HSPL unlocked.

That must be the one listed in MM's ROM thread (Ziggified).

Sweet! This will give me something to do tomorrow while the wife and kids are all over-sugared! LOL.

mikedboyd
04-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Could someone please provide a simplistic explanation of what this is fixing and what it really does to accomplish the fix? I sense that somehow when flashing, either with a too-large or 'bad' ROM, that we have hosed the phone in some way and this procedure fixes the issue. I've been through several threads talking about this, but none of them have a good simple explanation of what the issue and fix are really about.

I'd really love to read the actual poop on what this is.

thanks

MordyT
04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
Could someone please provide a simplistic explanation of what this is fixing and what it really does to accomplish the fix? I sense that somehow when flashing, either with a too-large or 'bad' ROM, that we have hosed the phone in some way and this procedure fixes the issue. I've been through several threads talking about this, but none of them have a good simple explanation of what the issue and fix are really about.

I'd really love to read the actual poop on what this is.

thanks
I'm writing one up here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1679967

artlexvi
04-04-2010, 08:06 AM
many many many thank for the program and for the specific explanation :)

andrewkariana
04-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Can Task 29 be flashed from a storage card like a ROM?

Whotahn
04-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Can Task 29 be flashed from a storage card like a ROM?

...go back a few posts to MordyTs and follow his link to his write up for basics and dl.

Maxx134
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
THANK YOU for posting this important work here as well as xda :wav:

I'm writing one up here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1679967
Excellent info :headbang:

Any of the radios, or a splash screen.
If you'd prefer, here's one with a splash screen all build in, just run it and go through the RUU like normal.
Click Here to Download (http://www.ziggy471.com/downloads/Task29.exe)
Z
BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!
First page post 9..
This is a really great and usefull app.
I whish every cook had this in their download.
This is so important for a clean install that...
It should be made a sticky!
Thanks so much guys. :occasion5:
EDIT:
I really think this is a good question. Maybe the op can make this a little more clear for some of us. Some may not want to flash a radio and so I have attached the exe that I found on the link that doesn't need a radio nbh. This is not from ME...I have simply attached. All the cred goes to doloop and Shadrac for his help.Here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=5848003&postcount=19

Not sure why this file is so much larger, and the RUU exe says Leo for device, but anyway we already have this idea done post 9.

MordyT
04-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Not sure why this file is so much larger, and the RUU exe says Leo for device, but anyway we already have this idea done post 9.
That is because it is for a HD2.

nrfitchett4
04-11-2010, 04:53 AM
very useful. gonna run this between each flash now. thanks a bunch.

1999TL
04-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Can somebody make a task29.exe that flashes a blank nbh? I tried the one in the hd2 forum by doloop but it's not compatible with out phone.

nrfitchett4
04-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Can somebody make a task29.exe that flashes a blank nbh? I tried the one in the hd2 forum by doloop but it's not compatible with out phone.

i used the one on page9 and win7 gave me an error, but my phone got stuck on the black "Touch pro2" screen so i think it worked.
someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I've had win7 give me that error before when having to install programs through my computer to my phone and the programs always work.

MordyT
04-11-2010, 11:41 AM
i used the one on page9 and win7 gave me an error, but my phone got stuck on the black "Touch pro2" screen so i think it worked.
someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I've had win7 give me that error before when having to install programs through my computer to my phone and the programs always work.
What, the little message "did this application install correctly?". That is not an error, it probably worked.

nrfitchett4
04-12-2010, 02:30 AM
yeah, i watched it tonight and the phone went to 100%, then win7 popped up the message. but like I said, it does that anytime I use an exe file to install a program on my phone, so....

MordyT
04-12-2010, 10:19 AM
It worked, no issues.

Srt4inSC
04-12-2010, 12:24 PM
My question.... If Task 29 wipes the device completly clean then wouldn't keeping the radio(per post 9) leave a possibility for other files to stay behind also?

MordyT
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

The radio is not stored where the rest of the rom is, that is why the custom roms do not need to flash a radio...
Nothing but the radio is kept there. Same with the bootscreen...

Srt4inSC
04-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Has anybody had any problem's with active sync after doing task 29? I lost all of my contact's and had to start a new partnership. Wouldn't recognize my device with/without storage or sim card.

nrfitchett4
04-13-2010, 06:27 AM
no problems here. probably used it 5-10 times the last couple of days and it works as it is supposed to.

MordyT
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Has anybody had any problem's with active sync after doing task 29? I lost all of my contact's and had to start a new partnership. Wouldn't recognize my device with/without storage or sim card.

no issues, however I would use MS MyPhone...

loader187
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
im not saying this doesnt work but have people noticed a huge increase. Is this something that you should do after flashing a lot or after each time?

MordyT
04-14-2010, 04:56 PM
im not saying this doesnt work but have people noticed a huge increase. Is this something that you should do after flashing a lot or after each time?
Simply, this allows you to start from a fresh slate. a couple pages back I have a link to a faq that explains it in simple terms.

nrfitchett4
04-14-2010, 05:05 PM
i'm doing it each time, takes less than a minute.

MODS, THIS REALLY SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!!

agent_47
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
What, the little message "did this application install correctly?". That is not an error, it probably worked.

thnx for all the support.

@Srt4inSC: radio stays intact :)

secondly, you don need to have a blank nbh....you can have ANY nbh, if can be ur favorite rom.....every romutility.exe needs a nbh to run.....so thats the purpose of it.......
so
-if u have a full stock\custome ROM nbh, its big and takes longer to flash. but the result is the same
- if you keep a radio, it will flash faster as its smaller
- if you keep a blank nbh, it will be even faster as its blank!!! request one of the check to make a blank nbh. all they have to do is disable all EXT\SYS packages.....just keep the ROM stuff and the config.txt from OEM

MordyT
04-16-2010, 04:17 PM
thnx for all the support.

@Srt4inSC: radio stays intact :)

secondly, you don need to have a blank nbh....you can have ANY nbh, if can be ur favorite rom.....every romutility.exe needs a nbh to run.....so thats the purpose of it.......
so
-if u have a full stock\custome ROM nbh, its big and takes longer to flash. but the result is the same
- if you keep a radio, it will flash faster as its smaller
- if you keep a blank nbh, it will be even faster as its blank!!! request one of the check to make a blank nbh. all they have to do is disable all EXT\SYS packages.....just keep the ROM stuff and the config.txt from OEM
Wait, if you use a rom nbh, the way it works is first it will flash the ROM and then it will try to do task 29. So it will be a waste of time, since task 29 wipes the NVRAM...where the ROM you just flashed is stored...

Unless there has been some success if making the RUU first call task 29 and then flash the ROM. Last time I checked they couldn't yet...

agent_47
04-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Wait, if you use a rom nbh, the way it works is first it will flash the ROM and then it will try to do task 29. So it will be a waste of time, since task 29 wipes the NVRAM...where the ROM you just flashed is stored...

Unless there has been some success if making the RUU first call task 29 and then flash the ROM. Last time I checked they couldn't yet...

yes....you are correct....and it is a waste of time.....but i read a lot of post where users not able to choose which nbh to use.....my point is you can use any as long as it belongs to CDMA TP2

:)

bit1
04-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for this thread. This should really be stickied. I got the SOD on mine , did a Task 29, added my customizations and all seems well

Graffix
04-17-2010, 09:33 PM
"- put you favorite RADIO in the mix"

What's a preferred Verizon radio and what exactly is meant by putting it in the mix? In the unzipped folder?

MordyT
04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
"- put you favorite RADIO in the mix"

What's a preferred Verizon radio and what exactly is meant by putting it in the mix? In the unzipped folder?
Simplified...
Use this. Unzip, run like normal ROM upgrade...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1675296&postcount=9

willyjay
04-17-2010, 11:23 PM
As far as stock rom performing task28 and this task29 .exe being two seprate items, is it a waste of time or more thorough to flash stock first then perform task29, or in reversed order?

Thanks again for this tool!!!

MordyT
04-18-2010, 01:06 AM
As far as stock rom performing task28 and this task29 .exe being two seprate items, is it a waste of time or more thorough to flash stock first then perform task29, or in reversed order?

Thanks again for this tool!!!
See this (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920)explanation for why task29 is better then task 28...

Graffix
04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Simplified...

Thanks!

mugsy77
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM

I did. Had unrecognized usb device. Removed and reinstalled battery, re-entered bootloader, then moved cable to another usb hub and it seemed to work ok. I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

00_MACKIE_00
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
:headbang:This thing works great. Running Windows 7 X86, no problems!!

Thanks

ditbu13oi
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Do I need to be security unlocked to do this or I can just use 1.96? All I have HSPL. Thanks

1999TL
04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
See this (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920)explanation for why task29 is better then task 28...

That post says that task 28 is better than task 29. Am I missing something?

willyjay
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM

Which was the reason for my original question. If task 28 (through flashing stock rom) does one thing, and task 29 clears another area of the phone....is it over kill, or more thorough to perform task 28 then do task 29 prior to flashing custom rom?

MordyT
04-20-2010, 03:09 PM

yes, you are right, I mistyped. It is better to flash stock, but since it takes so long, task 29 is prefered. And yes (to the guys above me) it is a little overkill, but go right ahead. All that a custom rom does is flash a XIP/System/etc...so it clears the necessary parts...

lou8456
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
i just used post 9 and my phone is stuck on the touch pro 2 screen and wont go in to bootloader or link to the computer with usb anyone got any suggestions?

willyjay
04-21-2010, 01:22 PM
After running the .exe how are you trying to get into bootloader? Vol down + red end/power + reset button under the battery case (and hold for a few seconds)? This is what I do and works.

Not doubting what you're doing, just checking the steps.

Joosey
04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey you all Im new to this flashing and rom stuff. When I run the task29 file does it come with a radio? Also what is a radio and how do I get it if the task29 doesn't come with one?

lou8456
04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
After running the .exe how are you trying to get into bootloader? Vol down + red end/power + reset button under the battery case (and hold for a few seconds)? This is what I do and works.

Not doubting what you're doing, just checking the steps.

thanks alot i normally hit the vol down and the top button and that always worked before

willyjay
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey you all Im new to this flashing and rom stuff. When I run the task29 file does it come with a radio? Also what is a radio and how do I get it if the task29 doesn't come with one?

Check out the task29 explanation page Mordy put together...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

Short answer, no it does not have a radio and if you use the .exe from post #9 it will not change or affect the radio you currently have.

Nolimittodis
04-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I also have a newbie question, the radios come as .exe files, do i rename them .nbh or just drop it in the task29 folder as an .exe?

Mayonesa
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
this thread should be a sticky

ai6908
04-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I also have a newbie question, the radios come as .exe files, do i rename them .nbh or just drop it in the task29 folder as an .exe?

Dont flash radio unless you really have to. Most of the time, if the flash goes wrong, or you dont flash the correct radio, you get an expensive brick!

Now to answer your question. Open that exe file using 7z or rar, then extract the nbh file.

Graffix
05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Simplified...

Thought I just did Task29 ran the above unzipped .nbh file like I would any other rom, showed completed. Rebooted the phone by pressing the interior reset button next to the battery and the phone booted back into the rom I was on. What didn't I do or what am I missing here?

Graffix
05-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Thought I just did Task29 ran the above unzipped .nbh file like I would any other rom, showed completed. Rebooted the phone by pressing the interior reset button next to the battery and the phone booted back into the rom I was on. What didn't I do or what am I missing here?
Nevermind I got it working /\

blunij
05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Where do you run task29 from. Do you run it from the SD card or place it on the device and then run it? Does it have to be extracted?

MordyT
05-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Where do you run task29 from. Do you run it from the SD card or place it on the device and then run it? Does it have to be extracted?

From the computer...

Tregrad
05-09-2010, 02:05 AM
ran task29 and now im sitting in the tri color screen...........I click on the mighty rom i downloaded on the computer and i get a box that pops up and says.....

Enter password for the encrypted file: ModellD.fig

what the hell is that? i cant go any further.

MordyT
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
mightyrom.com is the password...

Mayonesa
05-09-2010, 05:04 PM

Parasurfer1979
05-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Do i need to do a task29 utility on a brand new phone thats never been flashed? I received a replacement phone today and want to flash the Sprint Lovers 6.5.x rom on the new phone. I had it on my current one and love it.

NRGZ28
05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Do i need to do a task29 utility on a brand new phone thats never been flashed? I received a replacement phone today and want to flash the Sprint Lovers 6.5.x rom on the new phone. I had it on my current one and love it.

You don't NEED to, but it wouldn't hurt.

boobaroo
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi, Know it has been a while since someone posted here. I have done all that has been explained here. Done the task29, and it boots to the touch pro 2 splash screen. I reboot into bootloader and reload a custon rom, but when it restarts it goes back into the splash screen and no farther. Is there something I am missing here and doing wrong. I have been at this for 5 hours. I have a HTC Touch Pro 2, and the bootloader screen shows SPL-1.00.olinex, so I know the HSPL worked. Any ideas or suggestions to help me out of this mess would be very appreciated.

MordyT
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi, Know it has been a while since someone posted here. I have done all that has been explained here. Done the task29, and it boots to the touch pro 2 splash screen. I reboot into bootloader and reload a custon rom, but when it restarts it goes back into the splash screen and no farther. Is there something I am missing here and doing wrong. I have been at this for 5 hours. I have a HTC Touch Pro 2, and the bootloader screen shows SPL-1.00.olinex, so I know the HSPL worked. Any ideas or suggestions to help me out of this mess would be very appreciated.
try a stock rom...

boobaroo
05-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I have tried a stock rom and am just really out of things to try.

razorloves
05-31-2010, 08:38 PM
I have tried a stock rom and am just really out of things to try.
how did you try? stock rom will fix your problem.

boobaroo
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM
I downloaded a stock ruu, I am not sure which site I got it from. I have tried many sites and things for the last few hours. I installed it via the bootloader screen and it goes through the process and says it completed, but only restarts to the Touch Pro2 splash screen.
Do you have a link to another stock rom I can try, maybe this one doesnt work.

razorloves
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I downloaded a stock ruu, I am not sure which site I got it from. I have tried many sites and things for the last few hours. I installed it via the bootloader screen and it goes through the process and says it completed, but only restarts to the Touch Pro2 splash screen.
Do you have a link to another stock rom I can try, maybe this one doesnt work.
download your stock rom exe from here (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940), put your phone into bootloader mode and connect usb cable then it should say USB at the bottom of the phone screen, then run the stock rom exe

boobaroo
05-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Did all that again this time, I guess maybe I did not have the correct ROM, as it is working now. But it has gone back to the 6.1 windows version. It had 6.5 when it was purchased. Guess I will have to go the srint site to download it.
Thanks for your help. Can you tell me how to tell what custom ROMS will work for the Sprint phones? I am thinking that maybe that was my whole problem, not getting the right custom ones to install. Anything else you can tell me to help me, I will take any help. I thought I kinda knew what I was doing, but guess not.

razorloves
05-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Did all that again this time, I guess maybe I did not have the correct ROM, as it is working now. But it has gone back to the 6.1 windows version. It had 6.5 when it was purchased. Guess I will have to go the srint site to download it.
Thanks for your help. Can you tell me how to tell what custom ROMS will work for the Sprint phones? I am thinking that maybe that was my whole problem, not getting the right custom ones to install. Anything else you can tell me to help me, I will take any help. I thought I kinda knew what I was doing, but guess not.
the 6.1 and 6.5 are in the first post of the link i gave you. but why bother with flashing another stock rom? i thought you wanted a custom rom.

all the roms here are for your phone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98
mightyrom, mr.x and vins roms are really nice.

boobaroo
05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks for all the help and information. I do want custom ROMS, and I will check out the ones you recommended . And i will go get 6.5 back. Thanks again.

razorloves
05-31-2010, 09:24 PM
no prob. glad i could help.

bigant_410
06-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I keep getting a connection error when I run this task29. Can I get some help.
this is on sprint

monkeygod
06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Did you have Window Device Mobile on and running with the status connected?

Maxx134
06-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for all the help and information. I do want custom ROMS, and I will check out the ones you recommended . And i will go get 6.5 back. Thanks again.

My guess is that you needed the radioo or slpash and loading stock gives you all.
You may want to check & update them, but I would not use update prl icon, rather check threads for best versions.
Now that you have your phone working good, dont let that past issue phase you as practically all cooked roms are better than stock :)

newkidd
06-04-2010, 08:51 PM
question. im google searching as we speak, cause timing is a factor and focusability is dwindling (ADDmeds wearing off) but the task 29 i am using only writes over the splash screen. (post 9 i believe) now would it be possible to dissemble the the .nbh file and change the splash screen? or would i have to completely assemble one through a kitchen? is the splash screen even kept in the .nbh file, or is it somewhere else?

btstarcher
06-06-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm also getting "could not communicate with device" errors; now I can't even flash a ROM except from my memory card. Is this happening to anyone else? It started right after a successful Task29.

newkidd
06-06-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm also getting "could not communicate with device" errors; now I can't even flash a ROM except from my memory card. Is this happening to anyone else? It started right after a successful Task29.

this is normal for task29. the standard RUU utility (flashing software) looks for an activesync connection to the device to grab the device information, and since task29 wipes everything out there is no software. to bypass this, after task 29, you either need to flash from SD card, or put the phone in bootloader mode and run the update utility.

if you have a RHODIMG.nbh on your SD card already, you will have to push volume down to cancel that update and allow the current one to load.

head honch
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
i tried running task29 and it was successful only thing was that i got stuck on the TP2 splash so....
1) i downloaded the stock rom fromt he HTC site (couldn't find any rhodimg.nbh files in the threads)
2) extracted it using winzip i'm at work i can't install 7zip
3) renamed the nbh file to 'rhodimg.nbh'
4) loaded it onto an empty SD card
5) put the phone into Bootloader & started the install screen comes up w/ the progress bar
6) it goes from the following:
Bootloader - OK
Splash 1 - OK
Splash 2 - OK
Radio - OK
OS -
Update in Progress...
6) the bar is now full and still says it is updating for quite some time now

is there anything i did wrong that it is stuck on this screen?
should i just restart the phone w/o the SD card and hope it boots up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

razorloves
06-18-2010, 12:08 PM
i tried running task29 and it was successful only thing was that i got stuck on the TP2 splash so....
1) i downloaded the stock rom fromt he HTC site (couldn't find any rhodimg.nbh files in the threads)
2) extracted it using winzip i'm at work i can't install 7zip
3) renamed the nbh file to 'rhodimg.nbh'
4) loaded it onto an empty SD card
5) put the phone into Bootloader & started the install screen comes up w/ the progress bar
6) it goes from the following:
Bootloader - OK
Splash 1 - OK
Splash 2 - OK
Radio - OK
OS -
Update in Progress...
6) the bar is now full and still says it is updating for quite some time now

is there anything i did wrong that it is stuck on this screen?
should i just restart the phone w/o the SD card and hope it boots up?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
sounds like you did that right. try pulling the battery out for a couple minutes and then try again. it might help to redownload the rom too.

head honch
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
hey razorloves thanx for the response, but i'm still having trouble i took out the battery for about 5 minutes and powered the phone into the bootloader screen then i let the process run, but no go the bar is completely filled and the OS line is still pending to say OK is there anything else i can do?

razorloves
06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
hey razorloves thanx for the response, but i'm still having trouble i took out the battery for about 5 minutes and powered the phone into the bootloader screen then i let the process run, but no go the bar is completely filled and the OS line is still pending to say OK is there anything else i can do?
you're welcome.
try the task 29 again and redownload the rom. maybe it's corrupt.

head honch
06-18-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah from the looks of it that seems like wat happened i'm going to have to hold off until i get home from work to re-do all of this properly with all the tools needed...i was hoping for a smooth operation this morning then began running late for work

JDM_SOHC
06-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Ok so after Task29 runs, and than flashing a new ROM, is it irrelevant to hard reset/clear storage after the new ROM is flashed, since everything should be basically a clean slate..??

razorloves
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Ok so after Task29 runs, and than flashing a new ROM, is it irrelevant to hard reset/clear storage after the new ROM is flashed, since everything should be basically a clean slate..??
i dont use task 29, but i would guess it's probably not needed.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126498

4218kris
07-04-2010, 04:51 PM
this is only for touch pro ? will it work on a diamond if i replace the .nbh with a diamond radio .nbh?

SouthernAtHeart
07-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Is it possible to do a Task29 flash from the SD card?

razorloves
07-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Is it possible to do a Task29 flash from the SD card?
nope...task 29 must be done from a computer.

pesok
07-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Anyone got the message along the lines of "you have a wrong device" when trying to run task 29? I tried the one with radio and the one with empty small one(from this thread). BOth gave me same message after the flash started(on 19% for some reason). Gave up and just went the usual route(stock-custom flash). Windows7 32bit - touch pro2 sprint

baudac
07-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I must have done something wrong somewhere, everything was going according as instructed on post 9. Phone went into blank tp2 screen for a split minute, turned off and now it wont turn back on or connect to activesync. Any suggestions appreciated.

Edit... solved the issue, phone up and running.

shermanpat
07-10-2010, 03:19 PM
So I did the task29 and then got my rom running but then decided to change to a newer rom, and then ran task29 again but when trying to run the new rom update i get error 208 open file and have re-tried the download and un ziped them a few times and also down a few reboots and still getting the error...

?help?

shermanpat
07-10-2010, 03:27 PM
So I did the task29 and then got my rom running but then decided to change to a newer rom, and then ran task29 again but when trying to run the new rom update i get error 208 open file and have re-tried the download and un ziped them a few times and also down a few reboots and still getting the error...

?help?

I just got the Stock Rom to work, but i really wanna get back to using a custom rom(NRG)

shermanpat
07-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok i figured out what was up...

I had some how unziped the ROM to the root of the C drive, after removing them it ran with no problem....

3volution
07-12-2010, 12:20 AM
OMG,I did Task29 tonight for 1st time & now my phone is stuck on black Touch Pro 2 screen!To further the paranoia,I can not boot into boot loader.No matter which key combination I push,nothing work's.
Any suggestions welcome...

Ahhhh,flashing now.
Sorry!

razorloves
07-12-2010, 12:53 AM
OMG,I did Task29 tonight for 1st time & now my phone is stuck on black Touch Pro 2 screen!To further the paranoia,I can not boot into boot loader.No matter which key combination I push,nothing work's.
Any suggestions welcome...

Ahhhh,flashing now.
Sorry!
with the phone off, hold the vol down button then hold the power button. hold both till the bootloader pops up after a couple seconds.

bteljuice
07-12-2010, 04:18 AM
excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to me what this thread is about. I read a few posts but don't get what formatting internal memory does? what is the task 29 about.

Thanks,
bteljuice

razorloves
07-12-2010, 04:39 AM
excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain to me what this thread is about. I read a few posts but don't get what formatting internal memory does? what is the task 29 about.

Thanks,
bteljuice

bteljuice
07-12-2010, 09:29 AM

BIG HUGE THANKS. I can't believe it has been over 3 months and haven't seen this before. It is true, it does seem to be slightly slower. Will do that soon.

So I assume, this clear our the flash "stock rom, HR, Cutom rom, HR, custom Rom " process?

Has anyone experienced a noticeable difference to say, YES IT DOES HELP SPEED UP OUR PROCESS.

Technically, the process SHOULD show a difference by being faster since more RAM is allocated properly, but I am worried that the difference is super tiny, that the process is not THAT necessary since no noticeable difference is witnessed.

Can anyone share their experience. No one really said throughout the 12 pages about how it affected their performance (positively) after TASK29 flash.

Thanks,
Bteljuice

monkeygod
07-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Well I don't think anybody actually have any scientific data or number to show the before and after result of task29. So I would have to say now that it's more of a personal preference as some would never even bother with doing task29 while others, myself included, would not go to a new ROM or upgrade without it. So in the end, I would say try it, and if you think it makes a difference, continue doing it...if not, just flash straight to the next ROM and clear storage.

bteljuice
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Well I don't think anybody actually have any scientific data or number to show the before and after result of task29. So I would have to say now that it's more of a personal preference as some would never even bother with doing task29 while others, myself included, would not go to a new ROM or upgrade without it. So in the end, I would say try it, and if you think it makes a difference, continue doing it...if not, just flash straight to the next ROM and clear storage.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, this is what I thought of exactly. This thing might be the same as the DP3. It is personal, either it works or it doesn't depending on personal opinion.

But I thought this thing is a SURE thing because theoretically, it should show improvement.

monkeygod
07-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Well my opinion is flashing task29 is much better than having to roll back to stock rom and then flash to your new rom (less taxing that is). Also to some it may provide a sense of comfort in knowing that you don't have any left over from previous rom or build.

gunner05
07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
at the risk of sounding like a total noob: the last time i used a radio was in 1999 - what the hell are RADIOS and how to I obtain one?

thanks

gunner05
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Well my opinion is flashing task29 is much better than having to roll back to stock rom and then flash to your new rom (less taxing that is). Also to some it may provide a sense of comfort in knowing that you don't have any left over from previous rom or build.

so if this is my first flash (from stock rom) i don't need this tool? I am get ready to get flashin' - but i want to be prepared all the way :)

razorloves
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
so if this is my first flash (from stock rom) i don't need this tool? I am get ready to get flashin' - but i want to be prepared all the way :)
doen't matter what rom you're currently on. it's just recommended that you use task 29 prior to flashing a new rom.

Onok
07-23-2010, 01:34 PM
hey guys i realllllllly need ur guys help please!!! i just got the phone back from the sprint store (touch pro 2) and after doing the hard-spl unlocker then downloading the energy 6.5 max sense rom it was good but it was soo slow that i wanted to just revert back to the sprint one. i downloaded task29, ran it, and now i cant get to the bootloader at all to run the sprint rom. it might be because the battery is low (im not sure) because I have been charging it all night. is there anything i can do. please i just got this phone fixed and i effed it up again!! grr

Onok
07-23-2010, 01:35 PM
if i could get help as soon as possible that would be amazing!

head honch
07-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Onok that's weird just take the battery out and while holding the down button turn it on...it should go back into bootloader then just run the Stock Rom once the Bootloader screen says USB the installer should pick it up and run the install

Onok
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
ya i forgot 2 remove the battery. it worked

ModmyPPC
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
What if I dont have a radio of choice?

IDK what a radio is! Wont it be in the rom?

So can I just run this task 29 then Run the Custom rom?

razorloves
07-26-2010, 02:56 PM
What if I dont have a radio of choice?

IDK what a radio is! Wont it be in the rom?

So can I just run this task 29 then Run the Custom rom?
just use the one in post #9

ModmyPPC
07-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks but How do you run the Task29.exe its telling me its not a valid Pocket PC application when I go to try and run it.

razorloves
07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Thanks but How do you run the Task29.exe its telling me its not a valid Pocket PC application when I go to try and run it.
this task 29 use the rom update utility. you have to run it just like you would when you're flashing a rom.

XxQuikSh0txX
07-27-2010, 12:15 AM
I think I accidently messed this up..

I ran task29 without a .nbh file in it, and now whenever I goto the bootloader screen I cannot get a connection to my computer. Am I missing something here? or what?

razorloves
07-27-2010, 12:17 AM
I think I accidently messed this up..

I ran task29 without a .nbh file in it, and now whenever I goto the bootloader screen I cannot get a connection to my computer. Am I missing something here? or what?
activesync does not work with phone in bootloader mode. so, dont worry about that. Just connect the usb cable and then you should see it say USB on the bottom of the phone screen. then flash whatever you want.

XxQuikSh0txX
07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Thats the problem I cannot get it to get the active sync connection.
Thanks for the fast reply

XxQuikSh0txX
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
When do I plug the usb in?
If im not being clear I am getting stuck at the touch pro 2 splash screen? I think its called.

XxQuikSh0txX
07-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Ok sorry guys I was mis-read the instruction and was pressing down+send+end instead of down+end.

razorloves
07-27-2010, 01:19 AM
wow...lol. glad you got it. i didn't understand what you were talkin about. plus, i think you misread my post above. i told you not to worry about activesync connection because it doesn't work in bootloader mode.

ModmyPPC
07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
this task 29 use the rom update utility. you have to run it just like you would when you're flashing a rom.
Thanked again however need further clarification

From SD card:

Ok so to flash from my sdcard I unzip the rom and change the nbh file to rhodimg.nbh then restart and enter boot loader.

So how do I run Task29.

Are you telling me to remove the nbh file and press vol down plus shutoff button and it will run Task 29.

From Active Sync:

Unzip rom then remove nbh file and lnsert Task29.exe Run Rom Upate utility and it will flash Task29.exe is that correct

Im sorry im just a little confused. :dontknow: Please clarify.

Thanks

razorloves
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
@modmyppc
this is how you use the task29 from post #9.
download the task29 exe to your desktop.
establish activesync connection with phone.
then open the exe.

thats it. same as you do to flash roms.

kvictor017
08-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok guys, I think task29 killed my phone (TP2 Verizon)I was trying it for the first time and followed the instructions. I put the latest vzw radio on my phone and after task29, flashed a rom that I wanted (MaxSense Timberwolf).
Ok everything was honky dory until i tried to make a call. I got Network authentication failed errors when trying to access the net for data, and everytime I tried to make a call, even if it was to a known working number, I would get the operator message "the number you dialed is not a working number....."

Even after flashing back to the stock rom i still had the same trouble. So I called verizon and they said i needed to reprogram my phone manually. I was able to get thephone working again, but we couldn't get data back on. So they had to send me a new phone.

Long and short- My phone was fine until i used task29. I'm thinking i did something wrong, but i followed the instuctions as stated (I've flashed a million times before with no trouble). I like the idea of task29, but won't use it if it bricks my phone. Any idea what went wrong? or better yet, anyone know how to get this fixed? I still want to use the data on my phone if possible before the new one arrives :)

razorloves
08-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Ok guys, I think task29 killed my phone (TP2 Verizon)I was trying it for the first time and followed the instructions. I put the latest vzw radio on my phone and after task29, flashed a rom that I wanted (MaxSense Timberwolf).
Ok everything was honky dory until i tried to make a call. I got Network authentication failed errors when trying to access the net for data, and everytime I tried to make a call, even if it was to a known working number, I would get the operator message "the number you dialed is not a working number....."

Even after flashing back to the stock rom i still had the same trouble. So I called verizon and they said i needed to reprogram my phone manually. I was able to get thephone working again, but we couldn't get data back on. So they had to send me a new phone.

Long and short- My phone was fine until i used task29. I'm thinking i did something wrong, but i followed the instuctions as stated (I've flashed a million times before with no trouble). I like the idea of task29, but won't use it if it bricks my phone. Any idea what went wrong? or better yet, anyone know how to get this fixed? I still want to use the data on my phone if possible before the new one arrives :)
did you do a *228 option 1?

kvictor017
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
did you do a *228 option 1?

Yeah, that was the first thing i did. It says phones programmed successfully but I ended up having to do it on my own with the rep. and i still couldnt get data to work. I"ve done *228 opt. 1 several time since this started too.

razorloves
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that was the first thing i did. It says phones programmed successfully but I ended up having to do it on my own with the rep. and i still couldnt get data to work. I"ve done *228 opt. 1 several time since this started too.
did you try a hard reset while on the stock rom?

kvictor017
08-06-2010, 03:45 PM
did you try a hard reset while on the stock rom?

Yes. Still no go

razorloves
08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Yes. Still no go
when you hard reset, it gives you 2 options. custom configuration or manufacturer default. did you try both?

kvictor017
08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
when you hard reset, it gives you 2 options. custom configuration or manufacturer default. did you try both?

Yes. I've pretty much tried all of the basic stuff here one would try. I'm not that much of a noob lol

gorelow
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
im unzipping this file and then clicking on task 29 and when i try to flash it says the update utilty can not open the requested file. any help?

razorloves
08-07-2010, 11:13 AM
im unzipping this file and then clicking on task 29 and when i try to flash it says the update utilty can not open the requested file. any help?
use the one in post #9

gorelow
08-07-2010, 12:16 PM
do you need to flash a radio again after task 29 and if so whats a good one thanks

razorloves
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
do you need to flash a radio again after task 29 and if so whats a good one thanks
no, just flash a stock or custom rom

Tkt
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Which of these is the best radio 2.32.00WU/2.23.00WU/1.96.10WU ?

razorloves
08-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Which of these is the best radio 2.32.00WU/2.23.00WU/1.96.10WU ?
whichever one works best for you. also, that question has nothin to do with this thread. if you want to talk about radios, ask in the radios thread.
those are unlocked radios for using US gsm carrier sim cards, so you must be security unlocked to flash those. Just makin sure you're not confusing them with the normal radios.

ripplelet
08-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Just tried and works great. Thanks op!

Deltatristar500
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Do you need a radio in order to use Task29?

For example, I want to installes NRG latest rom on my TP2, so I run Task 29, then once it goes into bootloader, plug my sync cable in and run the newest NRG rom? Is it that simple? I dont want to change my radio yet, or do I need to ?

razorloves
09-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you need a radio in order to use Task29?

For example, I want to installes NRG latest rom on my TP2, so I run Task 29, then once it goes into bootloader, plug my sync cable in and run the newest NRG rom? Is it that simple? I dont want to change my radio yet, or do I need to ?
use the one from post #9. then you can do what you said. no radio needed. yes, it's that simple.

Deltatristar500
09-03-2010, 04:08 PM
use the one from post #9. then you can do what you said. no radio needed. yes, it's that simple.

so, using the .exe in post 9 will keep my CDMA radio intact and just wipe everthing else out?

razorloves
09-03-2010, 04:12 PM
so, using the .exe in post 9 will keep my CDMA radio intact and just wipe everthing else out?
yes .

chunnel
09-09-2010, 12:41 AM
I just purchased a TP2 and want to install Mighty Rom, unless someone knows a better one for Verizon. Too bad NFSFAN doesn't make one... Anyway, the forum is poorly organized and I cannot find a definitive way to unlock the phone and install the new ROM. I'm assuming that this task29, or whatever it's called is the key. However, there are no complete instructions as to how to use task29 to unlock and install the new ROM. I do not know how to get into bootloader on this phone, nor can I find instructions. I have years of experience of ROM's on the Touch, the Touch Pro and now this. So far, this is seemingly the most complex and least explained. Please help if this is the right thread for such a question.

mwalt2
09-09-2010, 01:18 AM
I just purchased a TP2 and want to install Mighty Rom, unless someone knows a better one for Verizon. Too bad NFSFAN doesn't make one... Anyway, the forum is poorly organized and I cannot find a definitive way to unlock the phone and install the new ROM. I'm assuming that this task29, or whatever it's called is the key. However, there are no complete instructions as to how to use task29 to unlock and install the new ROM. I do not know how to get into bootloader on this phone, nor can I find instructions. I have years of experience of ROM's on the Touch, the Touch Pro and now this. So far, this is seemingly the most complex and least explained. Please help if this is the right thread for such a question.
Task29 is a way of wiping your phone before flashing a new ROM. It helps with problems you may get if you just flash a bunch of custom roms. In the past, people flashed to a shipped rom to do the same thing. Task29 is faster and easier. It either flashes a radio or splash screen, and then wipes the memory that the ROM is written to. After it's done, you put the phone in bootloader and flash the new ROM. Bootloader is the same on the TP2 as the TP. Hold volume down and then press+hold the power button.

To use the task29 that flashes a splash screen (post #9 in this thread I believe), you double click Task29.exe and click yes/ok a few times.

razorloves
09-09-2010, 01:23 AM
guess you're not so good with navigating through forums, so here's the link to the sticky thread for the unlocker http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252

cutecool
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
want sumone to throw a light on this.
i have a sprint cdma tp2 n its is sim unlocked. i m using it with a gsm sim,
i wanna know tat if i do task 29 n update any radio will it lock my phone,
which radio can i try..
or is there any task29 which doesnt flashes the radio, only performs task29. n radio remains as it is..

can some pls elaborate...

Monfro
11-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I have created a splash screen for Rhodium CDMA with the original green/white theme...since the file in post9 includes the old Touch Pro 2 splash.

I prefer the white based splash since NRGZ now cooks a startup animation white based ;)

neilah
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Guys, I'm trying to flash an energy rom. I did it once without running task29 and for some reason the camera won't run. I get an error message that says either the camera certificate is not signed or is missing a component. Try and reinstall the camera.exe file.

So I thought I would try to run task29 first and reflash, however when I run task29 I get an "error message 240, file open" message.

Does anybody know what's going on here? Am I doing something wrong?

Little Help please!

I do have OliNex SPL 0.85 installed.

neilah
12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh Great! I finally got task29 to run, now I can't get an active sync connection.

All I get on my TP2 is the AT&T starup screen or the boot loader.

What do I do Now? I hope I didn't just brick this thing!

cmajewsk
12-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Oh Great! I finally got task29 to run, now I can't get an active sync connection.

You don't need an ActiveSync connection to flash. As long as the bootloader (tri-color screen) has USB at the bottom when you are plugged in via USB you are all set to flash...

ffkip911
12-17-2010, 02:16 PM

this is exactly what task29 does---it takes virtually everything off of your phone---so no AS is on the phone any more.
1) DL the rom of your choice and 7zip into its own folder
2)run pagepool changer if you want
3)look for the file named RUU_signed.nbh
4)rename JUST THE RUU-signed not the extension to RHODIMG
5)copy this file and paste to the root of your Fat32 formatted SD card...make sure no other executibles are in the root---folders are fine.
6)pull the battery, put the batti back in, hold VOL down then hit power--it will kick you into bootloader and flash from SD
7)wait til you see it is finished, either pull the batti or red button reset---wait for it to configure

you've just flashed from SD

isn't AT&T a GSM phone-----do NOT FLASH A CDMA ROM

Parasurfer1979
01-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Guys, I'm trying to flash an energy rom. I did it once without running task29 and for some reason the camera won't run. I get an error message that says either the camera certificate is not signed or is missing a component. Try and reinstall the camera.exe file.

So I thought I would try to run task29 first and reflash, however when I run task29 I get an "error message 240, file open" message.

Does anybody know what's going on here? Am I doing something wrong?

Little Help please!

I do have OliNex SPL 0.85 installed.
Use the one in post number 9 on 1st page. I had the same problem as you...

hojotogo
01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Thank you for all the help. This may seem lazy but is there any way to go into bootloader mode without removing battery cover. I had to return a phone because my back cover wouldn't stay on any longer after a few months of a flash addiction. I could just drill a hole at the reset button but I'd rather not test my skills.

Thanks in advance.

Parasurfer1979
01-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Thank you for all the help. This may seem lazy but is there any way to go into bootloader mode without removing battery cover. I had to return a phone because my back cover wouldn't stay on any longer after a few months of a flash addiction. I could just drill a hole at the reset button but I'd rather not test my skills.

Thanks in advance.
I mean yes nbut nyou have to take the back off to remove bat anyway. Just make sure you slide th back on instead of snapping it because thats the wrong way to do this bro. I dont know why sprint just didnt give you a new back vs. sending phone back unless you did more damage than that...lol.

mwalt2
01-24-2011, 01:16 AM

Thanks in advance.
If you're talking about bootloader after using task29, you just hold down the power button and volume down while task29 is flashing (or at least right before it gets to 100%). When it reboots it will be in bootloader. If you're talking about other times, you can use some programs to enter bootloader from WM. I've seen it as an option in some of the end-key replacement programs. I assume it's a mortscript or .exe of some kind, but I haven't looked too closely to see how it is actually doing it.

hojotogo
01-26-2011, 10:28 PM
it was a touch pro, something about a change in manufacturers, who knows why they do what they do.

MWalt, Thank you. I'll try that. If I happen to miss my moment and it goes past reboot after a task29, I have to use reset button or remove the battery right?

ziggy471
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Thought you all would like these stats, since I posted my pre-done Task 29 just over a year ago, it's had almost 8500 downloads and still counting. I don't think a day goes by without it being downloaded.

Z

Kane3162
04-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Thought you all would like these stats, since I posted my pre-done Task 29 just over a year ago, it's had almost 8500 downloads and still counting. I don't think a day goes by without it being downloaded.

Z

not only that, but if you look around, theirs actually an RUU based off of Ziggy's Task29.exe so each time you flash a ROM, it does it in the process so no need to do it separately each time...

itz kewlz beanz