PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

ozzyogkush is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Installed new 6.5 based rom, only have 6.75MB free?

I used the latest BuildOS Kitchen for my Titan, creating a new ROM based off of WM 6.5. It's nice, but I can't seem to get it to use less than 35 MB of program memory. Does "program memory" refer to installed programs, or running programs? Cause nothing is running except for the OS.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Installed new 6.5 based rom, only have 6.75MB free?

Program memory usually means running programs. Have you tried Oxios or something similar to recover memory after bootup? Does your ROM include NueKernel to run in high memory?
Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ozzyogkush is a n00b

I do use Oxios and it doesn't free up anything useful. If by NueKernel you mean XIP, then yea I'm using the WM6.1 nueKernel.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In the build os PPC kitchen in the Nuetools section you will find nuekernel control panel you must include that also try setting your page pool to 4 or 6
and program memory is both running and installed.
You can also gain more memory running in high memory (no camera mode) using the above mentioned tool.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ozzyogkush is a n00b

by no camera mode does that mean i can't use the camera at all? because i have to be able to use the camera... my old ROM had a messed up camera file and i've been looking forward to being able to take pictures again.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyogkush View Post
by no camera mode does that mean i can't use the camera at all? because i have to be able to use the camera... my old ROM had a messed up camera file and i've been looking forward to being able to take pictures again.
Yes that is what it means but the good news is that you can switch between the two modes but you do need to sft reset between. Also if you set the page pool to 6 it will give you a little more.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Yuck!!!! That really bites. I've always liked completely stripped roms on both my Vogue and Touchpro (hated the TP). Now that I'm back to using the Titan, I like stripped roms more so. I also never liked 6.5 either. I'm running one of DCD 6.1 roms and set up with everything I like I'm at 23MB at idle. When I use to run fu fu gui crap I idled between 16 and 18 MB.

I second using Oxio Hibernate to free up memory. Someone suggested to use the latest SKTools and activate the silent service that frees up memory automatically. That seems to be working well for me.

As for the Camera trick, I hated having to reboot in order to use the camera. Taking pictures is usually a spur of the moment thing and the reboot just makes me want to say forget it.

I also second checking your page pool size. The Titan seems to run fine with 4MB. Usually the bundles you download that install the ROM from windows include an app so that you can resize your page pool.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Keedog is a n00b

u mind sharing that rom? it sounds sweet...
Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

Here's a link to DCD's download site for the Titan.

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=Titan/

You will need to download and run the carrier cab for you phone company. Rom 4.1.2 has a problem with the keyboard, it's kernel issue. The attached cab file fixed it for me. 4 series roms have finger scrolling enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Titan_KeyFix.cab (199.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan