PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: nex-tech

jeffery_waller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quick simple newbie question please help

I am using (other carrier) on the sprint network and i want to update my rom for the first time. I have read the guide many times but the one part i dont completely understand is it says " When the phone reboots to the screen that says "tap here to setup", you need to put the phone back in bootloader. DO NOT PROCEED PAST THIS SCREEN so that customizations do not run." How do i put it back in bootloader screen? Im sure this is very simple however since i do not have a sd card and use my phone as modem i thought it would be best to ask before i try and get myself stuck with a name brand "HTC" brick.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Jeff
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff
Re: Quick simple newbie question please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery_waller View Post
I am using (other carrier) on the sprint network and i want to update my rom for the first time. I have read the guide many times but the one part i dont completely understand is it says " When the phone reboots to the screen that says "tap here to setup", you need to put the phone back in bootloader. DO NOT PROCEED PAST THIS SCREEN so that customizations do not run." How do i put it back in bootloader screen? Im sure this is very simple however since i do not have a sd card and use my phone as modem i thought it would be best to ask before i try and get myself stuck with a name brand "HTC" brick.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Jeff
To put the Titan in bootloader mode press and hold the power, camera, and reset buttons all at the same time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Carrier: nex-tech
Threadstarter

jeffery_waller is a n00b

one last question would it be better to use the sprint rom or should i look for a custom rom? if custom any suggestions?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuffjmartin72 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffery_waller View Post
one last question would it be better to use the sprint rom or should i look for a custom rom? if custom any suggestions?
I'm afraid that is personal preference. You have gone to all the trouble to unlock your phone so it would be all for nothing if you just flashed a stock ROM. If you want 6.1 ROM's DCD makes the best ones in my opinion. If you want to be cutting edge you could try 6.5 ROM's. there are a few on this site including mine. It's very simple with not a lot of added Apps so you can load the Apps YOU want. My advice is to try them all and find one thats right for you, just remember to hit the thanks button on whoever you download from.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development