PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

chimpanzee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Live Search/Today Screen fires up Skyfire browser??!!

I installed Skyfire browser, then I was queried if I wanted it to be the default browser..I clicked YES (unfortunately).

Since then, the "Live Search on the Today Screen", fires up the Skyfire browser..?? Sometimes the searches end up in an error message in Skyfire browser..??

[ NOTE: the "Web Search on the Today Screen" fires up PIE ]

Running Live Search, seems to be a stand alone program which works GREAT (alphanumeric entry & speech recognition).

How do I get "Live Search on the Today Screen" to work?? (without firing up Skyfire browser).

NOTE:

I used RESCO registry editor & found:

LocalMachine/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/EFBROWSER

ab Default (value not set)
ab 0 "Skyfire Browser"
ab 1 "\Program Files\Skyfire/skyfire.exe
D 0x1 (1)

Do I have to do something to the above?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work
Re: Live Search/Today Screen fires up Skyfire browser??!!

try this. go to opera browser. (im assuming thats what ya want) type opera:config in the browser and navigate to it. then scroll down to install and click it, then scroll to where ya see, "launch browser for first time" click it, save it and now exit opera, now re-enter opera and now try live search again......what happens regardless if you click no, installing skyfire makes it your default browser, by launching for the first time your making opera default again.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work

i thought you had a pro woops.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what happens if u just fire up skyf, then go to menu/settings/one of the settings there will allow u to uncheck the default setting, i believe.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Threadstarter

chimpanzee is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
what happens if u just fire up skyf, then go to menu/settings/one of the settings there will allow u to uncheck the default setting, i believe.
Bingo! it worked.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

good to hear u got it fixed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w