PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Question about rom version name.

I am cooking a rom, but i want to name it, right now it shows up as 21501 in the RUU update and also the Rom version. i want it to say the name of the rom not 21501.
could someone explain to me how to do this?

also if anyone wants to help me out with some custom graphics for the rom (bootsplash, wallpaper, etc) i would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 04-25-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Question about rom version name.

anyone?
Old 04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

i think to do that you need to change something in the xip from what i gather. correct me if i'm wrong

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
i think to do that you need to change something in the xip from what i gather. correct me if i'm wrong
you wouldnt happen to remember which entry it is do you? in the xip i was looking and didnt see much

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 04-25-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

sorry, i dont remember but i remember seeing a thread with info for that.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
sorry, i dont remember but i remember seeing a thread with info for that.
alright thanks. ive been searching for a while but no luck!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

easiest way....go to the sys and to shell folder....you will need to edit the rgu....find AKU and change the name to whatever you want to name ur rom.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
easiest way....go to the sys and to shell folder....you will need to edit the rgu....find AKU and change the name to whatever you want to name ur rom.
i cant find AKU in the shell folder
Old 04-26-2009, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmxx187 View Post
i cant find AKU in the shell folder
u need to edit the rgu in the shell folder.....i use notepad to edit the rgu.....and its a huge list to sort through, and i usually use crtl-f to search for specific entries in large rgu's like that one....
Old 04-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post
u need to edit the rgu in the shell folder.....i use notepad to edit the rgu.....and its a huge list to sort through, and i usually use crtl-f to search for specific entries in large rgu's like that one....
which rug file though?
sorry found it! thanks for your help man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development