PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

dmc1068 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dmc1068 Send a message via MSN to dmc1068 Send a message via Yahoo to dmc1068
Keypad issues

I am having an issue with my keypad. I have had this phone since a week before it was available to the public at Sprint stores. I've never had an issue till tonight. I have done the registry hacks for sound and battery life. I have the Seidio extended battery. My keypad, application buttons and talk/stop buttons stopped lighting up tonight. I tried a hard reset and then tried the original battery. Nothing. I can't find a setting for it. On my 700 I had a program to shut it on and off. Any suggestions?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Keypad issues

If after a hard reset the lighting system is still non-existent, then I would say that the device is defective.

late,
Coz
Old 01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc1068 View Post
I am having an issue with my keypad. I have had this phone since a week before it was available to the public at Sprint stores. I've never had an issue till tonight. I have done the registry hacks for sound and battery life. I have the Seidio extended battery. My keypad, application buttons and talk/stop buttons stopped lighting up tonight. I tried a hard reset and then tried the original battery. Nothing. I can't find a setting for it. On my 700 I had a program to shut it on and off. Any suggestions?
The 800w doesn't come with a program to turn your keyboard on and off. But there is an app called Keylight that will do the same thing. Search for it in the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
If after a hard reset the lighting system is still non-existent, then I would say that the device is defective.

late,
Coz
Yep, if it doesn't after this I'd take it to a store and exchange it.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

late,
Coz

Nothing else to say, if hard reset does not fix it then take it back.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to dmc1068 Send a message via MSN to dmc1068 Send a message via Yahoo to dmc1068

I'm waiting on my new one. I want it fixed so I can sell it to get my Pre.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc1068 View Post
I'm waiting on my new one. I want it fixed so I can sell it to get my Pre.
Iam sure it can be fix...
Old 01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

SkipJack is keeping up the good workSkipJack is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SkipJack Send a message via MSN to SkipJack

I had the same problem a few months ago. I contacted palm and they said to return the device. I returned it to them and they diagnosed it to be some kind of bug i acquired through some email attachment. replaced the devise and all is well now. Took about four weeks of frustration though.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP PATROL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipJack View Post
I had the same problem a few months ago. I contacted palm and they said to return the device. I returned it to them and they diagnosed it to be some kind of bug i acquired through some email attachment. replaced the devise and all is well now. Took about four weeks of frustration though.
Did you hard reset it before contacting Palm?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

SkipJack is keeping up the good workSkipJack is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to SkipJack Send a message via MSN to SkipJack

Yes. Didn't solve it. It was a weird situation for lack of a better term, but they said whatever bug it had had affected the hardware (shrug) so they replaced it due to the warranty.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I got it but now I am having issues with the extended battery. I know I read the same problems here before. I am looking to see if anyone found a fix or if I have to order another one, The screen keeps getting very dim but not shutting off and sometimes jumps back on. The battery low indicator comes on even though it's at full charge. After soft reset sometimes the screen is nothing other than a few verticle red dotted lines. This is before I installed anything. I did 2 hard resets. I finally put in the original battery and set it up a backed up. Put in the extended and same issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 800w