PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

lifeissomething is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.1 install errors. Please help.

When I start the build I get to the part about running G'reloc. Right after that I get the error:

"Cannot open file C:documents and settings\jacob\application data\hiq inc\ppc-buildOS\9.05.2.7temp\temp\dump\.rom\5000."

If I contine, g'reloc opens, I press 'continue', 'doit'... Then I get the same error as above. I look confused, the build continues, I try and put it out of my mind, it makes noise, processes files and modules.... During the build it also says, "Warning! Unable to find storage partition." and also, "Copying extra files... directory not found."

I continue.... my device powers off, activesync disconnects.... I get "Error 201 unable to connect to device."

So at this point I'm in boatloader, I run uniexitbootloader and I boot to windows mobile 5.0.

I'm really tired of this 5.0 deal on my new phone, I'd like to run kitchen.... Am I missing something obvious?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
Re: 6.1 install errors. Please help.

Hit it with 6.0 first. It should be around here as an .exe file. When I had problems with my first Apache, I had to up it to 6.0 before using the 6.1 kitchen. Just my 2 cents.

Afterthought: Do you have the bootloader set to the correct one?
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 06-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 6.1 install errors. Please help.

You do not need to update to WM6 before WM6.1.

Greloc/unable to locate S000 file is a strange error, that we've been unable to determine the cause of. Has something to do with construction of the .rar. What versions of winzip/winrar/7-zip do you have installed? The only known solution is to extract the .rar and modify the selections.txt accordingly. See us in the chatroom for step by step guidance.

...try this first...copy c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\buildos\unrar.dll to c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\unrar.dll (copy it up one directory - don't move it!) and see if that fixes your problem. If it does, please post here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development