PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any tablets that can tether off TP2??

I'm looking to buy a Tablet that is capable of tethering using XDA-Wifi hot spot. I already tried tethering to another TP2 running Android and it couldn't connect. Something about it being an "ad hoc" connection. I tested it on a friends iPad, and it worked, but I'd like something cheaper. Any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Per arrrghhh and my own experience if you want to hotspot tether use xda in WM. Wifi tethering in android is a PITA although cabled tethering in android works well.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/GBX0B via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Any tablets that can tether off TP2??

use WiFI Ad Hoc Enabler on android tablet to get it to work on ad hoc :S can't testify to this since don't have android tablet at moment... but seems to work for other people from google search
Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

You'll have to replace the wpa supplicant file on your Android Tablet to enable Ad Hoc Network connections.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: verizon

blurash is a n00b

thanks for your share.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro

azz777 is a n00b

even with WiFI Ad Hoc Enable, it only allows to connect to ad hoc wifi without encrytion. tp2 wireless router has to use encryption
Old 04-06-2012, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

The "simplest" method is to install XDAndroid on your TP2. Use it as a Wifi hotspot. Anything can connect to it. .....When Done........Reboot to WinMo.
This method works without having to download anything else or change any setting on any other device or the TP2.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have a Nextbook 7 I picked up at big lots for 100$. It's rooted using finless bobs ROM over at freaktab forum. On the same forum you can get a supplicant that will let you see the TP2's adhoc connection. For the price it's pretty amazing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oop's double post, can't remove with tapatalk .

Last edited by swlaraut; 04-06-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up getting a used HP Touchpad ($150, I know, they were only $100 in the firesale but well worth much more IMO.). Right now, I'm tethering off the TP2 using XDAndroid FRX7.1, which seems to be working fine. I may attempt to apply a patch for Ad Hoc networks so I can use the WM wifi router, but for now, this works fine. I'm also going to try one of the Android distros for the TouchPad eventually. So many options. I actually like webOS so far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2