PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

auburnham is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[SOLVED] Unable to send/receive MMS

I had been unable to send or receive MMS messages with FRX07.1. The sending issue was characterized by a persistent "sending" message, and the message was never sent. The receiving issue was characterized by a "downloading" message and the media was never downloaded. I tried several different APN settings and none would work.

I changed my radio from 2.32WU to 2.37WV and MMS now works with the APN settings in the FAQ.

Thanks to arrrghhh for the suggestion in this post. I guess this just means that I can't switch to GSM towers in the US if I wanted to, but that's not a big deal.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [SOLVED] Unable to send/receive MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
I had been unable to send or receive MMS messages with FRX07.1. The sending issue was characterized by a persistent "sending" message, and the message was never sent. The receiving issue was characterized by a "downloading" message and the media was never downloaded. I tried several different APN settings and none would work.

I changed my radio from 2.32WU to 2.37WV and MMS now works with the APN settings in the FAQ.

Thanks to arrrghhh for the suggestion in this post. I guess this just means that I can't switch to GSM towers in the US if I wanted to, but that's not a big deal.
AFAIK the radio will work for GSM if you need it. Glad it fixed the problem!
Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

funny that its working for you now... i reinstalled frx07.1 and now my MMS isnt working again (i havent done anything differently)! im gonna try to update the radios
Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul------TP2 (xdandroid)

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
AFAIK the radio will work for GSM if you need it. Glad it fixed the problem!
so the radio doesnt work for cdma?? if so where can i find it?? thnx guys
Old 10-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny4 View Post
so the radio doesnt work for cdma?? if so where can i find it?? thnx guys
Gawd... No. You took that completely out of context. I meant it'll work for both - the OP seemed concerned that changing radio versions would only work for CDMA, and it wouldn't work anymore for GSM - which isn't true. My point was it'll work for both...

Old 10-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Lurker

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Gawd... No. You took that completely out of context. I meant it'll work for both - the OP seemed concerned that changing radio versions would only work for CDMA, and it wouldn't work anymore for GSM - which isn't true. My point was it'll work for both...

ohhh ok my bad. im a complete noob to this,but i try and learn ..so where can i upgrade or downgrade to get the other radio(2.37WV)?... i tried to see what is the radio of my phone in my settings but i dont see anything that says radio..
sorry for the incovenience... i have the same problem that auburnham had, i tried the settings fromt the faq. i sent myself a pic and it could never send..plz help..

sorry again..thnx for the help guys
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
ohhh ok my bad. im a complete noob to this,but i try and learn ..so where can i upgrade or downgrade to get the other radio(2.37WV)?... i tried to see what is the radio of my phone in my settings but i dont see anything that says radio..
sorry for the incovenience... i have the same problem that auburnham had, i tried the settings fromt the faq. i sent myself a pic and it could never send..plz help..

sorry again..thnx for the help guys
Did you try actually sending a pic? I dunno if sending a pic to yourself even works. Never tried it TBH.

Radio firmware upgrades are a WinMo thing...
Old 10-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Lurker

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you try actually sending a pic? I dunno if sending a pic to yourself even works. Never tried it TBH.

Radio firmware upgrades are a WinMo thing...
well i have sent it to myself before and it worked..but i was using a different messaging app. i was using gosms and now im using handscent. do you think that the app could be the prob? thnx for your help
Old 10-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
well i have sent it to myself before and it worked..but i was using a different messaging app. i was using gosms and now im using handscent. do you think that the app could be the prob? thnx for your help
Dunno. Never tried to send one to myself like I said - but IMHO that's not a good test.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Lurker

ferny4 is a n00b

Quote:
Dunno. Never tried to send one to myself like I said - but IMHO that's not a good test.
well i got a mms from a friend. it just never downloaded. it just keeps saying "downloading" i wait for like 10 mins and nothing..errrrr, frustrated lol...thnx arrrghh

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2