PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek
Google Music

Got my account, got my music uploading (slowly), but i cant seem to find a version of the .apk that works. I tried the 3.01 from XDA, but my songs are not showing up correctly or at all. I have some files on there, but it looks like strings of code? Anybody else got this working on Froyo7?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Google Music

Evidently some have.

Google Music Beta on tp2 - xda-developers

I got the app to work, but it doesn't seem to "see" any of my music in the cloud. It only "sees" music that is on the SD locally...

I've tried clearing cache and rebooting, haven't done much else to be honest.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

I'm using "NEOFroyo" (which is a tweaked FRX07), and 3.0.1 works fine for me.

Not sure if that helps but at least you know it's possible on TP2.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Good to know that it does work on the TP2 which means it is a software based issue. Without the "cloud" it really defeats the purpose. Maybe it will work in the future as the TP2 XDANDRIOD software is updated...
Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
Good to know that it does work on the TP2 which means it is a software based issue. Without the "cloud" it really defeats the purpose. Maybe it will work in the future as the TP2 XDANDRIOD software is updated...
It works on FRX07 just fine, you just have to play with it a bit, clear the app cache and data, reboot a few times, maybe uninstall and reinstall, basically just play with it until it works, it's really finicky.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slwitek View Post
I already said others have, it's not an XDAndroid problem. At least not a permanent XDAndroid issue...
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Talking Re: Google Music

I think the trick is to wait to install the Android App AFTER all of your songs have been uploaded. Mine finally finished and I uninstalled and then reinstalled and they then began to show up and play correctly. Sweet! Now to make some playlists!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

maybe im still much an android noob but how do you clear the app cache or caches? and how do u uninstall the apk???

whats a good file browser to reinstall the apk?

Old 09-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
maybe im still much an android noob but how do you clear the app cache or caches? and how do u uninstall the apk???

whats a good file browser to reinstall the apk?
File browser, I like Astro.

Uninstall/clear cache? Settings -> Applications.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2