PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tekknogenius is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video Recording With Sound Worked

I was able to record video and sound on my Rhodium (HTC Touch Pro 2 on Sprint) by putting the phone in vibrate mode, then running the video application. This works perfectly so there is a problem with the sound enabled that messes with the camera recording functionality. Two things happen when in vibrate mode (slide to vibrate from the lock screen):

1. The mute button blinks red when recording
2. Sound records with the video and can be heard in the playback!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Video Recording With Sound Worked

This bug is resolved with the new audio routing code.

The existing audio routing code is fundamentally flawed - it's all in the kernel, doesn't get any feedback from userland. New audio routing code fixes this underlying problem, and I've tested video record with said new code, and it works great.

See
[TESTING] New audio routing for Froyo
for more details. Unfortunately that is not the most updated code, but it's better than what's in the build.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

tekknogenius is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Video Recording With Sound Worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This bug is resolved with the new audio routing code.

The existing audio routing code is fundamentally flawed - it's all in the kernel, doesn't get any feedback from userland. New audio routing code fixes this underlying problem, and I've tested video record with said new code, and it works great.

See
[TESTING] New audio routing for Froyo
for more details. Unfortunately that is not the most updated code, but it's better than what's in the build.
Thank you. I'll test this and see if it works for me. I was just glad that I could finally record video with sound under my current setup. I was using a recent kernel (as of the end of June 2011).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2