PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: raph800
Carrier: cricket

superdad69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

I'm not new to flashing custom roms in the WinMo world but, I just got my Hero like 3 days ago. I have searched and read about everything here so far and from what I have read the reason for flashing custom roms is SPEED and CUSTOMIZATION.

Well, I have flashed twice and ended up re-rooting and going back stock. I'm not trying to take anything away from the developers because I know it's hard work. I did it with my old TP with WinMo for a couple of years. When I flashed my custom WinMo roms they where ALWAYS faster than any stock rom.

HOWEVER it seems to me like none of these roms for the Hero are ready for prime time yet and from what I'm reading all of the decent developers have crossed over to the Evo so the chance of us getting some decent roms in minimal at best.

So my question is should I just wait till something is released that is more stable or should I cross over as well? AGAIN I'm not trying to take anything at all away from the developers. I expected some differences coming from WinMo. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way. If not, what rom are you running? Is it faster than the stock .6 rom from sprint? Does the camera work?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

Moved to General Hero Discussion
Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's not that. I came from th dark side too. You go from a phone with decent hardware with gimped software to the same device with awesome software....its like Damn! Now you go with a phone that come with decent software already, the fain is smaller. I'm my opinion with Android, the builds are similar. The biggest gains come when you go to another version like 1.5 to 2.1. That was huge on my hero. The beat way to really get gains is to remove all the software you don't want. It makes a help of a difference. I am running 2.1 on both my hero and my evo with basically stripped down roms. Huge gains. Can't wait for 2.2
BTW, why go from the 2 year old tp to a hero? It's all the same hardware. I needed an upgrade after having the same hardware in 3 different phones!

Oh yeah, I saw some new roms on xda for the hero

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sp0nge is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sp0nge Send a message via MSN to sp0nge Send a message via Yahoo to sp0nge Send a message via Skype™ to sp0nge

This is the fastest one I've tried yet

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666967
Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

the flipz rom for the hero i feel is the best for sure and worth a shot if you havent tried it already
Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dfitzpatrick is just getting started

I'm running darchdroid 2.7 and I must say it is pretty freaking fast...

Granted, you lose HTC Sense, but the performance gains, to me, was well worth it.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have tried all of the custom roms. There have been maybe a few during beta phases that had speed issues but any of other roms have been so much better. All of them have their quirks and Fresh Rom seems to always be the one I go back too. Hell his betas lately have been running fast with minor issues.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

darchdroid all the way..
Old 06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

buufed rom FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored by Kools.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero