PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touc pro
Carrier: sprint

shaakezula is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC hero 2.1 leak with sprint key signatures

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...oftware-leaked

so if anyone is interested in the leaked version of the 2.1 HERO release..click here above..u will have to re root your phone if it's rooted and remember to use nandroid to back up ur contacts =)
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lashad01 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lashad01
Re: HTC hero 2.1 leak with sprint key signatures

I installed! Runs really nice!! I think its official!
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

personally I would flash fresh 2.1.1 which is based off this leak.. that way u dont lose root etc.. U can always add back the sprint apps that he took out. if u like.. Im running it. and its smooth and fast.. though i dislike sense.. he includes nexus launcher 2.. which im using.. crazy fast..
Old 05-16-2010, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

damonwest2000 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to damonwest2000 Send a message via MSN to damonwest2000 Send a message via Yahoo to damonwest2000

Flashed this afternoon....runs great ,just would like to have the ability to use rhe live wallpapet apps in market but not being picky.

Phones I've Ownd, Treo 600, Samung Blade, Treo 650, PPC 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, HTC Hero,HTC EVO 4G
Old 05-16-2010, 03:09 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

From what i understand from flipz's writing, there are still errors in this rom. I'm apprehensive to flash this if its not the final release (mostly because, however stupid is, i don't want to needlessly put a break in i the 12 day stretch without turning my phone off if i don't need to) lol

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lashad01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
From what i understand from flipz's writing, there are still errors in this rom. I'm apprehensive to flash this if its not the final release (mostly because, however stupid is, i don't want to needlessly put a break in i the 12 day stretch without turning my phone off if i don't need to) lol
After running it for a day the only errors im having is from the Sense integrated facebook.. its putting all 1500 of my facebook contacts on my phone instead of just syncing with just my contacts like the old one..but thats the only issue i seen so far.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashad01 View Post
After running it for a day the only errors im having is from the Sense integrated facebook.. its putting all 1500 of my facebook contacts on my phone instead of just syncing with just my contacts like the old one..but thats the only issue i seen so far.
you should be able to shut that off by opening the people program, hitting menu, view, and check/unchecking what you want to view.

It seems to be running pretty smoothly for me as well, however, I have noticed some connectivity issues with the internet. I've found that doing an "update profile" fixes it each time, but I've had to do it 3 or 4 times in the last 2 days I've been running it. I hope that the final will have these bugs worked out and maybe, just maybe...friend stream hahah. I do enjoy the new widgets like the full page agenda widget and notes. If you haven't found some of the new ones yet, at the top of the widget selection screen, you see GET MORE HTC WIDGETS. Notes is pretty handy and I am using the Profile setting as well.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lashad01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
you should be able to shut that off by opening the people program, hitting menu, view, and check/unchecking what you want to view.

It seems to be running pretty smoothly for me as well, however, I have noticed some connectivity issues with the internet. I've found that doing an "update profile" fixes it each time, but I've had to do it 3 or 4 times in the last 2 days I've been running it. I hope that the final will have these bugs worked out and maybe, just maybe...friend stream hahah. I do enjoy the new widgets like the full page agenda widget and notes. If you haven't found some of the new ones yet, at the top of the widget selection screen, you see GET MORE HTC WIDGETS. Notes is pretty handy and I am using the Profile setting as well.
I havent had any connection issues yet.. Do you think the final will be a RUU or a OTA?
Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashad01 View Post
I installed! Runs really nice!! I think its official!

it's not the final, that's for sure.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4g

tim-tim is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tim-tim Send a message via Yahoo to tim-tim

it runs like a champ in my opinion. battery life seems to last longer and everything feels more responsive. anyone know if the live wallpapers are in this and how to go about said wallpapers.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero