PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE
Carrier: cricket

Tricky0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
vogue mms/wap/gps help!

HELLO GUYS,

WELL HERE IS MY PROBLEM. IINSTALLED THE RADIO ROM ON MY HTC touch mp6900. i can get the internet to work but after i open the skyfire one up IT constantly keeps pulling up lil menus saying "dial sprint network *777" " sprint provisioning blah blah blah" keeps popping up. i have to keep restarting my phone in order to get that away. like a fresh restart needs to happen in order for it to work.

AND i installed the radio rom with the GPS update. did all the registry hacks, adding the com4 and it still wont connect in google maps. it just loads up(google maps) and it says "INTIALIZING GPS". Then it loads up the DIALING SPRINT *777 lil screens. it then keeps popping up(the *777 dial sprint).

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS??? i have looked but nothing has helped so far. if anyone could help i owuld really appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance
Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: vogue mms/wap/gps help!

I suggest you carefully read and follow whitey's guide here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94338

If you do all the steps you should have everything working with no issues. Good Luck Bro!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky0 View Post
HELLO GUYS,

WELL HERE IS MY PROBLEM. IINSTALLED THE RADIO ROM ON MY HTC touch mp6900. i can get the internet to work but after i open the skyfire one up IT constantly keeps pulling up lil menus saying "dial sprint network *777" " sprint provisioning blah blah blah" keeps popping up. i have to keep restarting my phone in order to get that away. like a fresh restart needs to happen in order for it to work.

AND i installed the radio rom with the GPS update. did all the registry hacks, adding the com4 and it still wont connect in google maps. it just loads up(google maps) and it says "INTIALIZING GPS". Then it loads up the DIALING SPRINT *777 lil screens. it then keeps popping up(the *777 dial sprint).

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS??? i have looked but nothing has helped so far. if anyone could help i owuld really appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance
Your post is very vague, you do not state what ROM you are running but since it is bringing up a Sprint message I'm assuming it's a Sprint ROM.
As Horndoctor recommended take a look through my tutorial follow it step by step and don't skip around anything and you'll have a Vogue fully flashed to cricket.
Also the Skyfire browser will not work with crickets proxy ports. Don't ask me why it just doesn't.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC VOGUE
Carrier: cricket
Threadstarter

Tricky0 is a n00b

i appreciate your HELP so much. i thought i had read the tutorial all the way through fully before, but i noticed something that caught my eye part the way into the flash(which is why i think i couldnt flash a new rom and nothing worked). i looked at the cokeman in bootloader and it was not 2.31 so my vogue was not unlocked. i unlocked as your tutorial said and then loaded nsfans 6.5 rom(the new one). installed the carrier cab and now all 3(GPS, WAP, and MMS work amazing). I really appreciate your guys help and i hope to someday get to the level of familiarity with the vogue you guys are at.

THANKS and much APPRECIATION

SEAN
Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Glad you got it working.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good to hear you got it going. It's a great device to have on cricket. Also I have a tutorial @ www.cdmagurus.com in the cricket genral discussion section on how to set up gmail on windows mobile devices with crickets service. No work around. No hacks. Check it out if you use gmail.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricker

sinicalmale is a n00b

using this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611578 Build 23557 V2 COM5| Updated APRIL 13/2010: Barogi44's ROMS with shadow techs agps cad fix and ryan moguls cab but still no mms send or recieve need help please when i get new message says go to mycricket.com/mms blah blah blah how do i fix this

Last edited by sinicalmale; 04-17-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinicalmale View Post
using this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611578 Build 23557 V2 COM5| Updated APRIL 13/2010: Barogi44's ROMS with shadow techs agps cad fix and ryan moguls cab but still no mms send or recieve need help please when i get new message says go to mycricket.com/mms blah blah blah how do i fix this
There is only one fix for it. Call cricket and have the MMS feature removed and put back onto the account. NOTE This may take upto 20 times for them to do it right. It is nothing todo with your phone, ROM or setting. It is on crickets end.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue