PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Serious memory issues!

I hate this phone! I want to throw it! (but I wont)

Keep getting 98% used program memory. The only thing I have installed that isnt stock is Opera 10 but had that way before this started happening. I cant even surf and have music running in the background at the same time. Never had freezing until this started either but now it is daily. Any ideas?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor
Re: Serious memory issues!

Do you have other programs running in the background that you thought you already closed?
I have little trouble multi-tasking with the Pro, and the OS should even close programs if you're running too low on memory to run them, but it's hard to know exactly what's going on without more information.
Have you soft-reset your phone to allow it to clean itself up from misbehaving apps? (I have an app set to soft-reset my phone automatically each morning before I start the day.)
Are you using the stock Sprint ROM? Have you tried a custom 6.5 ROM? (It might have better built-in memory management.)
Good luck.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes i am on the original stcok. dont have any aps running ever just opera and sometimes win media player. i get fcs sometimes but i always close everything via tsk mgr. i really dont use anything. rarely make calls or text. mostly just internet. never had to soft reset very often until recently. but its irritating bc soft reset is under batt cover and stylus is such a tight fit its a pita. guess i could try flashing but its not really worth it. planning on switching back to my touch pro.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use psshutxp to do soft resets...
but if it just started and u havent installed anything...wait...do u save stuff to ur device or storage card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
check your startup menu in file explorer/my device/windows/startup i deleted the htc_cm_gaurdian, pntoutlook, and others that i didnt want to start up when i reset the phone. skeeg makes a real good point also when installing stuff install to your storage card and not the phone mem. it makes a huge difference. but dont forget that certain thing need to be on the phones mem.
always install to the phone, but when downloading stuff, always save it to ur storage card....back wit my 800w, i saved everything to my device and got this same problem
Attached Files
File Type: cab psshutxp_eng.xscale.cab (43.5 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by skeegcpp; 03-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

check your startup menu in file explorer/my device/windows/startup i deleted the htc_cm_gaurdian, pntoutlook, and others that i didnt want to start up when i reset the phone. skeeg makes a real good point also when installing stuff install to your storage card and not the phone mem. it makes a huge difference. but dont forget that certain thing need to be on the phones mem.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ya always install to sd. never my device. but its all good. switched to my touch pro today.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: sprint

hayok is a n00b

treo pro memory are small it only has 80 mb, after soft reset mine only 35 left,
mine can only run 2 or 3 programs at the same time, like browsing and listening music.
if it run more programs it et really slow.....
i try my friend device samsung it has better memory....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Tags
freezing, memory, treo pro