PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hanjamin300 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Windows 7 and PPCKitchen and 6700

So, I have Windows 7 and I recently tried to update my 6700 to newly cooked 6.5 rom. When I tried to upload the rom to the device, it was in bootloader and everything, it didn't work. Device manager saw the device, but the rom exe just wouldn't find it.
It only seemed to work when i used the old WM 5.0 update from sprint.

I used a virtual machine and installed XP, when i tried to upload the rom from there, it seemed to have worked.

What's wrong?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cantcme68 is a n00b
Re: Windows 7 and PPCKitchen and 6700

I dont know if your phone has the option to do this but try flashing from your sd card. all you have to do is get the .nhb or .nbh (one of those) out of the Rom file and drop it on your sd card root. then put your phone in boot loader mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjamin300 View Post
So, I have Windows 7 and I recently tried to update my 6700 to newly cooked 6.5 rom. When I tried to upload the rom to the device, it was in bootloader and everything, it didn't work. Device manager saw the device, but the rom exe just wouldn't find it.

I used a virtual machine and installed XP, when i tried to upload the rom from there, it seemed to have worked.

What's wrong?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantcme68 View Post
I dont know if your phone has the option to do this but try flashing from your sd card. all you have to do is get the .nhb or .nbh (one of those) out of the Rom file and drop it on your sd card root. then put your phone in boot loader mode.
Good luck getting the bootloader on an Apache to load from SD.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanjamin300 View Post

What's wrong?
So you installed it via VM, or did you install the "XP Mode" virtual machine add on for Win7? XP mode should let you run it as XP without having to do a complete VM install.
At any rate, have you tried running your .exe files in compatability mode? Right click, properties, compatability, XP SP2 or SP3. Unlike Vista, compatability mode usually works in Win7.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu View Post
So you installed it via VM, or did you install the "XP Mode" virtual machine add on for Win7? XP mode should let you run it as XP without having to do a complete VM install.
At any rate, have you tried running your .exe files in compatability mode? Right click, properties, compatability, XP SP2 or SP3. Unlike Vista, compatability mode usually works in Win7.
+1 to this.
Also, I'm assuming you have the updated Mobile Device Center or something like that....Activesync doesn't work from vista on (vista, win7 and other future OSes).
Old 04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: audiovaux ppc 6700
Carrier: alltel

xavenged7foldx87 is a n00b

you havt to shut off the usb connection in mobile device center. thats how i got roms to flash from windows 7. it would recognise the device then say no connection. so open you connection settings in mobile device center and unclick usb connections and apply the settings. should flash fine after that.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 "apache 6700"
Carrier: claro

weedwin31 is a n00b

do it with "windows xp" i did the same i installed it win xp to the virtual box, and is the same it doesn't work..............try to do it in other pc like i did and it' works there

good luck!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: china telecom

jnjn is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jnjn Send a message via AIM to jnjn Send a message via MSN to jnjn

my ruu works just fine in windows 7 x64 edition. and i did *NOT* disable usb connection in WMDC. however, i DID disabled the annoy UAC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache