PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue NFSFAN's 6.5
Carrier: Alltel

slyk221 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel GPS Not aquiring sat locks

I have looked for hours and tried several fixes. I can never get a GPS Lock on my alltel HTC Touch on either the stock alltel or the NFSFAN rom. Ive ran GPS Viewer for 30 minutes to 1 hour and this is what I see at the bottom:

#GPGGA,,,,,,0,,,,,,
#GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSV,1,1,0

It just runs those for the whole hour it was connected. I am running the stock alltel radio 3.37.10 and just cannot find a way to make the GPS Work. I have searched this forum along with XDA and applied several things to try to get it to work to no avail. I don't want to upgrade the radio unless i absolutely have to.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Alltel GPS Not aquiring sat locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyk221 View Post
I have looked for hours and tried several fixes. I can never get a GPS Lock on my alltel HTC Touch on either the stock alltel or the NFSFAN rom. Ive ran GPS Viewer for 30 minutes to 1 hour and this is what I see at the bottom:

#GPGGA,,,,,,0,,,,,,
#GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSV,1,1,0

It just runs those for the whole hour it was connected. I am running the stock alltel radio 3.37.10 and just cannot find a way to make the GPS Work. I have searched this forum along with XDA and applied several things to try to get it to work to no avail. I don't want to upgrade the radio unless i absolutely have to.
Give this thread a try, it's in the Titan forum but the setting that it gives work the same on most HTC devices and will definently work on the Vogue. I use the cricket setting from there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Do this:

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

Even though it says verizon the fix is the same just use the stock Alltel rom.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

#GPGGA,,,,,,0,,,,,,
#GPRMC,,V,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
#GPGSV,1,1,0

Let me know if you get this to work!!!!! I've been messing with my wife's Vogue to get it working, I don't think I've tried the tutorial posted though. I have tried many other things and sometimes it gets a lock after a while but like this morning over 30 mins and NO LOCK, but last night I did get a lock!? Very frustrating. My Touch Pro gets a lock in SECONDS!!!!!!!, INDOORS EVEN!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slyk221 is a n00b

since i already have unlocker 2.31 do i have ti go back to .40 or can I use 2.31?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
since i already have unlocker 2.31 do i have ti go back to .40 or can I use 2.31?
Unfortunately, in order to unlock gps you have to follow all the steps.
It has to do with the way the newer verizon rom is crippled.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim X51v, Tilt, 8525 VX6900, Imagio
Carrier: AT&T & Verizon

jadesse is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Do this:

http://wiki.ppchaven.com/index.php?t...IX_VERIZON_GPS

Even though it says verizon the fix is the same just use the stock Alltel rom.
This should work but there has been some mixed results in a while. I have not recommended this to anyone in several months. You should be able to skip step #6. After step #4 is completed you should be able to obtain a GPS lock. You will have flash a custom ROM in order for the GPS to fully. By this I mean with the stock ROM I had to reset my phone eveyime I wanted to use the GPS. For some reason when the phone was shutoff or went to standby it disabled the GPS fuctionality. You could also try this thread too.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...standalone+GPS
Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slyk221 is a n00b

Ok now I have GPS Viewer on the status screen I guess picking up satellites. But I'm still not seeming to get a lock in Google Maps. any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Ok now I have GPS Viewer on the status screen I guess picking up satellites. But I'm still not seeming to get a lock in Google Maps. any suggestions?
What have you done so far to try to fix your issues?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

slyk221 is a n00b

I did the flash dance but I see that I did forget to do the aGPS fix for the custom rom. I'm going to attempt the aGPS fix and come back with details after.

Downloads are broken from the aGPS Fix from that wiki page up there. Where to download those files at? And would I have to use the surf telus cab, that just seems wierd.

I found the QPST, where to get WModem Drivers?

Last edited by slyk221; 01-08-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue