PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

ebysoccer08 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question software cab files: which one?

I have downloaded a whole mess of free games for my XV6800, and for a lot of them, there is just a mess rar, cab archives and exe files, and installing any combinations of them will not run on my phone.

Is there an easy way to tell which files to put on the phone to attempt to install without the "Not a valid PocketPC application" message?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: software cab files: which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebysoccer08 View Post
I have downloaded a whole mess of free games for my XV6800, and for a lot of them, there is just a mess rar, cab archives and exe files, and installing any combinations of them will not run on my phone.

Is there an easy way to tell which files to put on the phone to attempt to install without the "Not a valid PocketPC application" message?
Yea, run them on the PC first. Its faster that way. Then just sort them into folders, an install.
If you don't want to install the program on your PC using the EXE, use this:http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
Once installed, you can right-click on an exe installer, select extract here, and it will remove the .cab installers from the file. That way you can put it on your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ebysoccer08 is a n00b

OK but the thing is, many of them do not have an EXE that will run on XP. Maybe the best thing would be for someone to look through this attached directory of this billiard game, for an example, and post what they figure out about it. I know this is a pain, but I will thank the heck out of someone if they tackle this.

Last edited by ebysoccer08; 05-20-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebysoccer08 View Post
OK but the thing is, many of them do not have an EXE that will run on XP. Maybe the best thing would be for someone to look through this attached directory of this billiard game, for an example, and post what they figure out about it. I know this is a pain, but I will thank the heck out of someone if they tackle this.
Do not post cracks or warez on the site please!! If you want help with that kind of stuff, you must do it privately

[remove the file you posted. I got it, and I'll PM it to you when I'm done =]
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ebysoccer08 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: software cab files: which one?

Thanks so much. That particular game keeps freezing my phone, but I think I got the idea for the future. youre the best saumaun
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications