PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is Android on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The battery meter is completely schizo. There's a battery calibration app on the Market that I've been told has helped... and jonpry's SCBS work was amazing, but never was enabled for other devices and wasn't implemented mainline...

As for autokiller, I wouldn't use any of that junk - unless something is preventing the phone from sleeping or has frozen and you didn't get a FC message. I'd use the SuperCharger script and just set the minfree's & OOM settings so Android will just manage your memory more aggressively - then you don't need any apps! No bloat, just adjusting the values that Android uses to manage your applications.
I personally think the battery meter is fine .. It does what my laptop does , calculates battery level based off of what's happening . Like for my laptop , when nothing is running it says there is 10hrs left . But then when I watch movies online it goes to 7 because more resources are being used ...

I've noticed in android , when you wake the device up , it says there is like 90+ battery left . Then you start using it for youtube or data browsing and it drops a lot . Because it seems the OS then displays battery level for the amount of resources being used at that time . It doesn't necessarily show its 50 or 80% of volume left inside the battery.

And arrrghhh can I post .apk's in the forums ?

and for the supercharger script , do you include a complete version of busybox in your builds or must I download it ?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I personally think the battery meter is fine .. It does what my laptop does , calculates battery level based off of what's happening . Like for my laptop , when nothing is running it says there is 10hrs left . But then when I watch movies online it goes to 7 because more resources are being used ...

I've noticed in android , when you wake the device up , it says there is like 90+ battery left . Then you start using it for youtube or data browsing and it drops a lot . Because it seems the OS then displays battery level for the amount of resources being used at that time . It doesn't necessarily show its 50 or 80% of volume left inside the battery.

And arrrghhh can I post .apk's in the forums ?

and for the supercharger script , do you include a complete version of busybox in your builds or must I download it ?
The build should have busybox. It's a necessary part of ROOT access.

You can post APK's so long as it's not warez - what are you posting?
Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
The build should have busybox. It's a necessary part of ROOT access.

You can post APK's so long as it's not warez - what are you posting?
a data toggle widget . it is on the market for free but I just wanna post it for the guy to make it easier .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2