PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How good is Android on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4qhk View Post
For sure - I remember reading when they couldn't get audio to work on it, so, I am very happy about this.

Also, I am now runnig Advanced Task Killer - and that I think will help me keep the battery from dying.

Jeremy
Check out my http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...ng-thread.html. The memory management topic circumvents the need for any task killer app .
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

hookramer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hey guys this is my first post.
firstly i want to mention how i have been reading many older posts and i want to thank all who have been involved in helping me get android on my tp2 from sprint. i want to thank arrggghh in particular because i was able to follow his directions to get up and running.
i used the frx07.1
being that i just today got the android going i am having a problem getting the wifi to work. it starts to turn on but then it either shuts itself off or says unable to scan.
also, just curious what the difference is between the rhod400 and 500 since i saw someone said sprint is the 400 but i have sprint and it says rhod500 under the batt. i am using 500 as my startup but i wonder if that could be a cause of the problems.
i actually just spotted a dif thread about frx07 fixes and i will peek there but any help would be appreciated.
thanks alot
Old 09-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookramer View Post
hey guys this is my first post.
firstly i want to mention how i have been reading many older posts and i want to thank all who have been involved in helping me get android on my tp2 from sprint. i want to thank arrggghh in particular because i was able to follow his directions to get up and running.
i used the frx07.1
being that i just today got the android going i am having a problem getting the wifi to work. it starts to turn on but then it either shuts itself off or says unable to scan.
also, just curious what the difference is between the rhod400 and 500 since i saw someone said sprint is the 400 but i have sprint and it says rhod500 under the batt. i am using 500 as my startup but i wonder if that could be a cause of the problems.
i actually just spotted a dif thread about frx07 fixes and i will peek there but any help would be appreciated.
thanks alot
I've never seen a Sprint-branded TP2 that wasn't a RHOD400. But I would put whatever is under the battery - it's the physkeyboard setting, so the only thing it effects is the keyboard layout.

As for the wifi issue, you might want to take a peek @ the FAQ. There's a caveat there if wifi never works, no matter what you try. Assuming you grabbed the FRX07.1 bundle and didn't change anything, wifi *should* "just work". If it doesn't, you might have to do the wifi-nvram trick. The issue boils down to Android not detecting your MAC address.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Lurker

hookramer is a n00b

sounds good, the FAQ also says about updating kernels, is that something that should be done before the nvram trick?

i also forgot to mention a minor detail of incoming calls not working...outgoing works web works sms works, only incoming rings and then goes to vm.
i am just t=staying in winmo until i work out these kinks
Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
sounds good, the FAQ also says about updating kernels, is that something that should be done before the nvram trick?

i also forgot to mention a minor detail of incoming calls not working...outgoing works web works sms works, only incoming rings and then goes to vm.
i am just t=staying in winmo until i work out these kinks
FRX07.1 has the newest kernel available from the autobuild service. The only reason that caveat is there, is if you update the kernel and don't match the modules, wifi will not work. So I want to make sure people understand that before going through the wifi-nvram trick, only to find out that the modules were mismatched.

As for incoming calls, no clue. They work great for me. What radio firmware is your phone on? Do you use an Airave?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Lurker

hookramer is a n00b

I am not using an airave and I am not sure how to get my radio firmware info
I didn't set up the voicemail number in the call setting of android yet if that makes any difference
Old 09-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am not using an airave and I am not sure how to get my radio firmware info
I didn't set up the voicemail number in the call setting of android yet if that makes any difference
Nope, shouldn't matter.

To get the radio version in Android, go to Settings -> About Phone -> Baseband Version. The stuff after the underscore is the radio version. For example, I'm on 2.37.00WV
Old 09-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Lurker

hookramer is a n00b

2.3200wf
Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
2.3200wf
that is the radio I'm using without issue.

I know it doesn't fix you, but at least you know the radio can work
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
2.3200wf
Hrm. I don't know what else would cause this... Unless there's something in WinMo causing it...? What WinMo ROM are you on? Do you have any odd settings in WinMo - especially related to the radio/phone? Have you tried booting Android in with WinMo in Airplane Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
that is the radio I'm using without issue.

I know it doesn't fix you, but at least you know the radio can work
I used to be on that radio before I went to 2.37, and I certainly didn't miss incoming calls (unless the phone didn't wake up in time - the call always came in tho). So I don't think it's your radio firmware either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2