PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones
Google voice?

Why wont Google voice recognize my number?
Old 03-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Google voice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
Why wont Google voice recognize my number?
What do you mean!?!

Might want to provide more information. You're trying to add your phone to GV and it won't dial you to confirm or what!?!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs
Threadstarter

youngtjjones is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones

Never mind i got it. I could not get it to recognize on my phone so i just did it on my computer. Working now. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Better yet... What is the draw to google voice? I have an EVO and I tried google voice when I had my TP2. It NEVER transcribed correctly... Getting email voicemails just seems more cumbersome than not and the ability to forward your number and or make calls using your google number makes no sense when I have 1500 minutes on my plan and only use around 100 per month. Only cuz my mom calls me. lol.
I'm just wondering.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread.

Why is the OP's phone number not regocnized by google voice???

p.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Better yet... What is the draw to google voice? I have an EVO and I tried google voice when I had my TP2. It NEVER transcribed correctly... Getting email voicemails just seems more cumbersome than not and the ability to forward your number and or make calls using your google number makes no sense when I have 1500 minutes on my plan and only use around 100 per month. Only cuz my mom calls me. lol.
I'm just wondering.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread.

Why is the OP's phone number not regocnized by google voice???

p.
Who knows, but he got it workin.

I love GV, I think the transcriptions are pretty accurate - assuming the person is actually speaking coherently . At the very least I get the jist of the voicemail by reading a few lines.

Other than that, I love being able to give people one number, and it rings all my phones. I don't have a home phone, but if I still lived at my parents house (just an example ) they don't have service at their home - from any cell provider. So you give someone your cell number, if you're at home they'll never be able to reach you. Give someone your GV number, they'll always be able to reach you - no matter where you are.

Plus, those who have limited text message plans, or make a lot of international calls it's a no-brainer for them IMHO.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm glad the OP got it working. And thanx for your explanation.

I guess it's a good tool that some can get alot of use out of. I tried it and just didn't see the benefit. But I can see what you mean with the examples you give.

Thanks again.
p.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I'm glad the OP got it working. And thanx for your explanation.

I guess it's a good tool that some can get alot of use out of. I tried it and just didn't see the benefit. But I can see what you mean with the examples you give.

Thanks again.
p.
Why you trolling round here, shouldn't you be in the Evo forum or stirring the hornets nest, lmao... saw your tweet and went to check it out, that was some funny stuff bro
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started

I use it to send and receive texts from my laptop. I never text from my phone when I'm at the computer. It also lets you "hide" your real cell number by only giving out your GV number, which for all intents is disposable. I use US Cellular and have unlimited incoming minutes. So I use GV to place calls, thus it calls me first, then connects me to whoever I'm calling. Thus all calls are incoming and are unlimited for me.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
... Getting email voicemails just seems more cumbersome than not
receiving transcribed voicemails via email is great if you're using WinMo, but the Google Voice app for Android makes that pointless. view transcribed voicemails along with texts in one screen, plus single click ability to listen to the actual voicemail, call the person back or text them.

totally transformed the way I communicate with people... (plus the ability to block my ex-wife's number so when she calls she hears a "this number has been disconnected" message is PRICELESS
Old 03-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
totally transformed the way I communicate with people... (plus the ability to block my ex-wife's number so when she calls she hears a "this number has been disconnected" message is PRICELESS
I forget about this feature - it is fantastic tho, just like 'Report Spam' in gmail, you can 'Report Spam' on texts and calls too! Great stuff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2