PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When turning phone off in android it boots into windows?

recently I installed the 3/17 kernal and noticed it had some issues such as wake and when turning the phone off it'd bot back into windows, so I decided to go back to the kernal I was using before which was the 3/11 kernal from wistilt2 I never had any issues with this kernal but now I'm noticing when I boot the phone off in android it too is turning the phone back on and loading up windows, does anyone know how to resolve this?

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: When turning phone off in android it boots into windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_cummins View Post
recently I installed the 3/17 kernal and noticed it had some issues such as wake and when turning the phone off it'd bot back into windows, so I decided to go back to the kernal I was using before which was the 3/11 kernal from wistilt2 I never had any issues with this kernal but now I'm noticing when I boot the phone off in android it too is turning the phone back on and loading up windows, does anyone know how to resolve this?

Sent from my FROYO X using Tapatalk
So... it's always booting back to Windows no matter what?

Might be a corrupt data.img - delete, or at the very least rename it to see if that is indeed the culprit.

Ah, I think after re-reading it's making more sense. You mean the "Power Off" feature when you long press on the power button, instead of powering off the phone reboots to WinMo.

That has been an issue, I don't remember what the solution was - could very well be your data.img tho, that bugger messes up so many things.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 03-22-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

This is a data.img related problem. I've noticed that as my data.img's get older, they inevitably develop this bug, where power off turns into reboot. Never gotten around to figuring out what causes this, it's just something I live with.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

Whenever I do a 'proper' Android shutdown (hold end button, power off, okay, wait) it always reboots back into WinMo for me. It's always been this way, just gotten used to it. The only times where it would properly shutdown is my first shutdown after a new data.img.

I usually just pop the battery out to shut it down.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo2
Carrier: Verizon

Sting32 is a n00b

I have played with frx03,04,05, now 06. But my question is after using project android's last, from january? I had been running it fine, it gets hotter than usuall, and battery dies quicker, but I have loved it. But now when back in windows, now my backlight button wont bring windows back after it (A) times out, or B you hit button, it wont come back. but button works fine in Droid Flavors? button is looser hell the phone is older. is this button in WM side, maybe more complex (in droids you are ignoring some hardware that happens with back light?

anyone else have this problem? wonder how hard to get a new button (maybe the whold screen, I have no clue. just wondering and hoping you guys might know..

thanks;
Old 07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started
On FRX06, on first boot it would shut down correctly but subsequent boots would reboot.

On FRX07 it seems that I've lost the first-boot shutdown as well. It would be nice to figure out what is causing it.

-- Starfox
Old 07-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Lurker

fukxou is a n00b

Same issue here, on frx06 it would do a proper shut down and phone will not boot into winmo unless I press the power button first. frx07 will shut down and reboot winmo immediately, for me the next boot up of android will nto work and freezes on haret half way through. A manual reset by pulling battery and reboot will launch winmo up and allow for android to boot up ok though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2