PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Bluetooth and Android? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139310)

neilson 01-07-2011 08:06 AM

Bluetooth and Android?

Ok, so now that the camera is working and everything else seems to be working(as in, tweaks are what're needed), Bluetooth seems to be the last "not working period" function.

Can we use this as a thread to monitor and track any Bluetooth-related developments?

JustusIV 01-07-2011 09:33 AM

Re: Bluetooth and Android?

I would love to see some information on this also.
Since i dont have the skills to help out here i guess i will donate 20 dollars the the dev that gets A2DP BT going. Anyone else wanna donate to a bounty on this?
*EDIT* if you want me to make a different thread for the bounty let me know. Didnt want to clutter the place.

pts69666 01-07-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilson (Post 2031709)
Ok, so now that the camera is working and everything else seems to be working(as in, tweaks are what're needed), Bluetooth seems to be the last "not working period" function.

Can we use this as a thread to monitor and track any Bluetooth-related developments?

Bluetooth is by far not the only "not working period" function. There are quite a few actually. A short list includes:

Proximity sensor
TV Out
3.5mm Headset jack (well, it works if you don't want speaker working)
MMS
Internal Memory

Please see this thread for more details.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...ist-1-3-a.html

As far as bluetooth development goes, one of the things holding bluetooth from working is that they keyboard is using one of the bluetooth gpois so when bluetooth goes to use it, it can't. working on the camera shed some light on this. as far as any other development goes, i don't know of any.

from logs:
07:41 bzo finally figured out why setting up gpios propertly on the rhod camera didn't work
07:42 bzo the F***ING F***ING keypad driver was stealing one of the camera gpios so that it couldn't be requested
07:42 [acl] damn
07:42 bzo it is also stealing one of the bluetooth gpios, so that's another thing that would cause BT not to work
07:43 bzo though, this in itself isn't the only problem

JustusIV 01-07-2011 05:01 PM

Well that is alot more information then i have ever seen. So thank you.
If the OP doesn't want to turn this into a bounty thread i will.

arrrghhh 01-07-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 2032025)
Well that is alot more information then i have ever seen. So thank you.
If the OP doesn't want to turn this into a bounty thread i will.

Not to take any wind out of your sails, but a lot of devs aren't doing this for monetary benefit.

Now that doesn't mean they don't appreciate a donation, you just can't expect that giving someone $20 will guarantee that BT will work.

I guess the point of 'bounty' threads is the dev gets the money once it starts working? Now what stops people from just not donating once it is working?

IMHO, bounty threads are just not a good idea. I encourage people to donate, but don't expect any dev to feel obligated to you because you threw them $20. Perhaps this post is unnecessary, I just remember someone said they donated $100 to a dev, and 8 months later they got a new phone. So long as you don't have that attitude with donations, feel free to do your bounty thread :p

steveholtam 01-07-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pts69666 (Post 2031752)
Bluetooth is by far not the only "not working period" function. There are quite a few actually. A short list includes:

Proximity sensor
TV Out
3.5mm Headset jack (well, it works if you don't want speaker working)
MMS
Internal Memory

Bluetooth is a major portion of a phone these days. Besides MMS, the above list is not very essential to typical daily use. I'd rather have BT then a working camera personally.

But good things come to those that wait!
:headbang:

JustusIV 01-07-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2032059)
Not to take any wind out of your sails, but a lot of devs aren't doing this for monetary benefit.

Now that doesn't mean they don't appreciate a donation, you just can't expect that giving someone $20 will guarantee that BT will work.

I guess the point of 'bounty' threads is the dev gets the money once it starts working? Now what stops people from just not donating once it is working?

IMHO, bounty threads are just not a good idea. I encourage people to donate, but don't expect any dev to feel obligated to you because you threw them $20. Perhaps this post is unnecessary, I just remember someone said they donated $100 to a dev, and 8 months later they got a new phone. So long as you don't have that attitude with donations, feel free to do your bounty thread :p

I see your points but i felt like that was the best way i could help out the cause. I fully understand the devs wont and shouldn't feel obligated to do anything that they themselves are not comfortable or willing to do.

The money issue is also kind of an inherent problem with bounties. I have never actually partaken in a bounty myself but have read about people putting the money in an account or something to that effect so people cant pledge then run. Although that opens another whole can of worms.

Not to sound to selfish here but it was my attempt to steer a project the way i wanted it when i clearly lack the skills to do it any other way :P

arrrghhh 01-07-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 2032080)
Not to sound to selfish here but it was my attempt to steer a project the way i wanted it when i clearly lack the skills to do it any other way :P

Eh, we all have our priorities. I'd prefer to see stability and power management before anything else, but perhaps those are things we should worry about last.

To be honest, devs prioritize what they are interested in working on - sounds selfish, but hey they're doing this for fun basically. Most seem to use it as a great way to learn...

Either way, we'll get there. I know devs are taking a harder look at BT - mainly because there isn't much left for major hardware still not working ;)

Grafton 01-26-2011 12:50 PM

I believe the bump app works via bluetooth, when I was booting my rodum400 as "touch pro" incorrectly the bump app worked with my brother-in-laws samsung android

manekineko 01-26-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grafton (Post 2045082)
I believe the bump app works via bluetooth, when I was booting my rodum400 as "touch pro" incorrectly the bump app worked with my brother-in-laws samsung android

Actually, I think that Bump just works using your data connection and accelerometers. So sadly, Bluetooth is not working still.