PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: FRX7.1 and BlueTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
I can say that FRX7.1 right out of the box works with A2DP and regular BT Headset, but the couple really odd things are:
Jawbone has to be re-paired every time I boot back into Android (no bigge really)
Jawbone once paired doesn't initially route call audio (while in call with BT selected as output, if I dis/re-connect headset call audio will route only while in the that call, each new call has to go through the same steps)

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is or how to fix it (I'll gladly take the latter over the former, ha!)

Once again, not complaining. This has become quite incredile that my TP2 is running Android well enough to use it quite regularly!
BT isn't fully functional, as is well-documented.

You can try to do the tricks in this thread, but it's not without problems.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: FRX7.1 and BlueTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
BT isn't fully functional, as is well-documented.

You can try to do the tricks in this thread, but it's not without problems.
Actually I realized all that, just posting in this Froyo BT thread to see if anyone has found any work arounds or if I need to only do a piece of what is in this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Technix2002; 09-08-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Re: Bluetooth and Android?

Just giving a tip for those still trying to use BT headsets with FRX07. The easiest way to get audio to route is to simply make a call then turn your BT headset on and the audio will route, once you hang up turn off your BT (repeat process while in call for it to work). Sometimes it becomes necessary to un/re-pair your BT headset, don't know why.... It's all good if you can work around the quirks! I'm quickly learning to just deal with it because it might never get fixed.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: THC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: 3

mazak is a n00b

Hello everybody.
I am going mad with this BT issue.
Since i successfully ported Froyo 7.1 to my TP2 it is 2 weeks I've been reading here and in xda-developers.
Can somebody tell me what to do to listening to the music by Stereo headset?
I am quite experienced in linux, but in xda site thread is mixed with froyo 6, and I am confused what really to do in froyo 7.1 to get it work.

Should i do everything in post 1 and 2 in this thread: [TESTING] New audio routing for Froyo - xda-developers

Can somebody make step by step instruction for FRX07.1 ?

Tnx.
Mac
Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazak View Post
Hello everybody.
I am going mad with this BT issue.
Since i successfully ported Froyo 7.1 to my TP2 it is 2 weeks I've been reading here and in xda-developers.
Can somebody tell me what to do to listening to the music by Stereo headset?
I am quite experienced in linux, but in xda site thread is mixed with froyo 6, and I am confused what really to do in froyo 7.1 to get it work.

Should i do everything in post 1 and 2 in this thread: [TESTING] New audio routing for Froyo - xda-developers

Can somebody make step by step instruction for FRX07.1 ?

Tnx.
Mac
BT isn't stable. Neither is that audio routing code. You can try it (the steps are still valid) but you WILL run into problems.

There's another thread -
[Testing] Bluetooth Audio Routing FRX07 XDAndroid
- that doesn't use the new acoustic code, and supposedly it works.

I don't use BT, and if I did, I probably would have to switch to WinMo in order to properly use it. It was only just enabled, and as such there's still issues with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Lurker

mazak is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Bluetooth and Android?

deleted

Last edited by mazak; 09-17-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hi again,
I've made some testing and here is my log, if somebody can tell me what is wrong it could be nice.
TNX
Please see my post above. Quit trying to force something that doesn't work yet... It's not worth the time or effort, unless you're actually writing code to fix it.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Lurker

mazak is a n00b
Cool Re: Bluetooth and Android?

I know it is not easy and that's why I want to do it, Im not normal user, if something working just like that there is no fun.
I want to lear more by the way. I couldnt post on xda so I am trying here.

Will answer to myself anyway, I found there is no device /dev/htc-acoustic in my unit.
As far as I know linux it cannot be copied just like this, will try to find how to do it.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
I know it is not easy and that's why I want to do it, Im not normal user, if something working just like that there is no fun.
I want to lear more by the way. I couldnt post on xda so I am trying here.

Will answer to myself anyway, I found there is no device /dev/htc-acoustic in my unit.
As far as I know linux it cannot be copied just like this, will try to find how to do it.
If you follow the "other" thread that doesn't use the new acoustic, you don't have to worry about that... or about using a specific kernel, etc...
Old 09-15-2011, 05:02 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Damn my BLUE TOOTH WORKS GREAT!

Just can't decide if the 7 build or the 7.1 works better...
Hmmm... take my low end house brand Best Buy 3 year old stereo BT headset, hit my BT toggle switch, pairs up, hold the button on side & a voice asks me what I want to do...

So, I say Play me some music meistro, tunes rock'n... volume up & down on headset, next song last song....

Hold the side button down on Lcheapo BT headset, a voice asks me... I say "call wifey" dials her up, she's grumpy, use the same button to hang up ASAP & the tunes switch songs I hear something about whiskey & beer!

Just gotta love this 7.1! I'm going to start a thread with some stuff soon... it's just too perrrrrrfect.

Still can't find anything that doesn't work! Oh yea, smoken 5 mb SD cache, over 10mb write, & 16 read! lol

OC'd @ 748, just blows my mind how fast this is. Going to switch better 1/2 to Droid full time this week.

I wonder if a post can do multiple mentions of the same person & count it... hmmm
@arrrghhh @arrrghhh @arrrghhh

Worth a try hahahahaahaha

(no joke about BT headset, same as here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/145756-build-complete-froyo-bundle-frx07-1-maintenance-release-25.html#post2136451 )
As with that old post... make sure you're on Sprint with Verizon's latest 2.37 radio on the Windows side...

Last edited by teradog; 09-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2