PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth and Android?

Looks like possible Bluetooth progress (or rumor has it, maybe someone can verify this?):

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
I had checked the irc logs repeatedly today and was feeling preety gidddy hearing cotulla say that he actually was porting it over according to the last thign i read from him he was able to get tetris working :P
On top of that we have viruscrazy saying he had gottten bluetooth working and to top it off it seems ACL Natemcnutty and Lmiller seem to be on the cusp of getting nand to work so it was preety exciting today ...

From this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-android-development/140761-magldr-being-ported-rhodium.html

Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

This is a shameless bump. Anyone have any more information on Bluetooth?
Old 03-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
This is a shameless bump. Anyone have any more information on Bluetooth?
It doesn't work yet, and it's one of the hundreds of things devs are trying to fix.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It doesn't work yet, and it's one of the hundreds of things devs are trying to fix.
Yeah i am aware it doesn't work yet I am also aware the devs are working on a lot of stuff and am grateful for everything they do. Was just hoping for any information. I have seen mention of BT a few times reading through other post but was just wondering how it was coming along.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yeah i am aware it doesn't work yet I am also aware the devs are working on a lot of stuff and am grateful for everything they do. Was just hoping for any information. I have seen mention of BT a few times reading through other post but was just wondering how it was coming along.
jb is working on it semi-privately... Seems like he might have the interface up and it pairs, but it doesn't route audio correctly, which we knew would be an issue because the sound code is a hacked-mess. They're completely rewriting it for .35, so it should be a lot cleaner - BT may have to wait until then anyways, as it'll be much, much easier to troubleshoot/resolve issues on sound routing.

If jb does start a public thread like he did with cam, I will certainly repost it here if someone doesn't beat me to it .
Old 03-11-2011, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
jb is working on it semi-privately... Seems like he might have the interface up and it pairs, but it doesn't route audio correctly, which we knew would be an issue because the sound code is a hacked-mess. They're completely rewriting it for .35, so it should be a lot cleaner - BT may have to wait until then anyways, as it'll be much, much easier to troubleshoot/resolve issues on sound routing.

If jb does start a public thread like he did with cam, I will certainly repost it here if someone doesn't beat me to it .
You da man! and JB the man!

what is .35? the jack?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

what is .35? the jack?
Linux kernel version 2.6.35 is in the process of having our phones changes ported to it, we are currently running on kernel 2.6.27
Old 03-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:

what is .35? the jack?
jb mostly .

.35 as in the kernel, not the 3.5mm jack .

Currently we run .27 (2.6.27) and we're moving to .35 (2.6.35).

If you look at this wiki article on Android version history you can see how on native Android devices they run a particular kernel. We need to move to a newer kernel base, for a ton of reasons.

Heh, rpeirce99 beat me to it .
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JustusIV is a n00b

Thanks for the info. Learn something new every time i come here. :P
Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Learn something new every time i come here. :P
Alright, one of our amazing devs (the same that brought us the camera, viruscrazy aka Jerome) has sent an update via the mailing list. I am reposting it here, verbatim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome
Hi,

Some of you already know that I was working on Bluetooth for the rhodium these days. It's now working at full speed (4Mbps) and I've been able to make a call using a BT headset (need to make a last test to check that both uplink and downlink works, right now, I made test by calling voicemail).

In the mean time, I've made my diamond to work at full speed and make a call to my voicemail through the BT headset (also need to test in both ways).

Please find attached the 3 patches required for bluetooth on rhodium (well, these patches are only the kernel side patches, I will do the patches for the userland side).

* For the brf6350 bluetooth modules (diamond, raph, ...), there only a small change to do in the rootfs :

in /init.cfg/init.froyo.rc (or init.gingerbread.rc, but haven't tested because not yet switched to gingerbread), change the following lines:

service hciattach /system/bin/hciattach \
-n -s 115200 /dev/ttyHS1 texas 115200 flow

with :

service hciattach /system/bin/hciattach \
-n -s 115200 /dev/ttyHS1 texasalt 4000000 flow

(need to use texasalt to load the firmware file bcm6350.bin already present in the image).

Regards, Jerome
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2