PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newest Htc Sense On Froyo Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
Hey acl I am using the old htc sense but with the newest rootfs, zimage, and modules and I have a question. How do you mount the libglesw and gralloc because in the conf it is eclair not froyo. is it the same steps?
should be but the rootfs itself does not support the old version.

on the elairhero.rc file 3d was never enabled. Look for the line

chmod 0 /dev/hwd* <-- should be chmod 666

The rest can be handled via the config. Also i think someone on xda actually did all of this. Im not sure where but it may be in the topaz or blackstone forums.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
should be but the rootfs itself does not support the old version.

on the elairhero.rc file 3d was never enabled. Look for the line

chmod 0 /dev/hwd* <-- should be chmod 666

The rest can be handled via the config. Also i think someone on xda actually did all of this. Im not sure where but it may be in the topaz or blackstone forums.
Hey is this in the conf folder then the eclairhero.user.conf? I cant find it anywhere in there. O and hey I seen you gave your work on sense to someone did he make any progresss
Old 01-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Maybe you just need to create the file...? eclair.user.conf, in the conf directory...
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey arrrghhh ya when i put it in there it freezes a lot idk if i am doing something wrong. Also after i reboot, when i scroll from page to page stuff gets cut off then it goes back to normal after i am done scrolling. you think maybe cuz i am using the newest rootfs release instead of the one it says to use? o and i kno acl gave his froyo sense to someone did they make any progress I would like to help test if you know the person. I got a rhod for nand and another one for haret testing.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
hey arrrghhh ya when i put it in there it freezes a lot idk if i am doing something wrong. Also after i reboot, when i scroll from page to page stuff gets cut off then it goes back to normal after i am done scrolling. you think maybe cuz i am using the newest rootfs release instead of the one it says to use? o and i kno acl gave his froyo sense to someone did they make any progress I would like to help test if you know the person. I got a rhod for nand and another one for haret testing.
You're a nice fellow, but honestly... nagging us for information isn't going to get you anywhere. We post information as soon as we get it, trust me... We're not going to hold something back, the whole point is to pass it on...

So seriously, ask questions - that's fine. There's nothing wrong with asking a question - especially if it hasn't been asked yet . Asking for updates is pointless, for the reasons I stated above.

On to your question, I'm not sure... I don't use eclair. Haven't touched it since Froyo was released... Sense has always run like a pig for me, and I guess I'd rather have a clean AOSP phone over a cluttered Sense UI phone - but that's just my .02. Obviously a lot of people are interested in running Sense, but the problem with adding the new rootfs onto an old system image, is stinebd made changes to the rootfs that correlated to the system image - so that's probably why you're having issues. I'd assume a newer kernel would be fine tho, so try that - new kernel, old rootfs to match the old system image.

Now this doesn't mean that the rootfs has to match the system image, just that stine made some changes a little while back where the system image had to be updated with the rootfs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Alright thx arrrghhh for the info and i apologize to any devs if i came off like i was nagging for information I really wasn't just didn't ask the question right but ok thanks again.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

What are the advantages of having Sense on the phone besides a giant clock and a slow phone? It's been so long since I've used Sense that I cant even remember why I liked it back in the day.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm
Carrier: vodafone

Robert_27 is a n00b

"HTC Sense-based Android phone that integrates the most popular social networks to help bring your friends closer to you.HTC Wildfire closely follows the success of the acclaimed HTC Desire and makes the company’s signature HTC Sense experience accessible to a younger audience."
I have HTC Wildfire and I really love it.

Last edited by Robert_27; 03-29-2011 at 11:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2