PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialdavid View Post
Complete newbie, but I haven't seen question elsewhere and this is a starter sticky, so: Installed FRX07, installed a bunch of apps, all fine. Except WIFI doesn't work at all. Saw post suggesting might have to create file to copy MAC address at boot, so created and copied file. Then I went to Dev Tools to use the suggested command...except I don't have Dev Tools, or it's not visible. There is a Superuser app, but no way to run it in command mode that I can see. What to do now?
Get ConnectBot from the market/Play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcopper View Post
Hi, total noob here, so bear w me please. First, I have read and researched a *whole* lot on here before posting this, and honestly my head's swimmming a bit from it all lol. Couple of questions I haven't found the answers to yet:

1--> What would be the incresed difficulty in starting with GBX0C instead of FRx07.1? Reason I ask is bc from everything Ive read on here, it sounds like GBX0C 3.3.8 w/the .39 kernel is the best combo of advancement + stability (based esp on the "[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build" thread posts #512-520 + me having a nexus 7).

2--> To install the above vers of GBX0C, would I still follow the wonderfully-detalied intstructions in "Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)", but simply do the addt'l steps in "[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build"?

3--> I plan on having my calls fwd'd to a backup VM phone while doing all this to my TP2. Would flashing a new ROM on my TP2 interfere w my calls being fwd'd? AND will I still be able to DE-fwd my calls after new ROM by dailing *720 like I normally do? (I think probly so, since I think thats a function of sprint, not my TP2, but thought Id ask just in case)

I'm sorry if this is too much in one post, I really am brand new to all this. But I am VERY excited at the prospect of my TP2 not freezing up all the time, since I really do like this phone. Thank you all in advance, tho!
Honestly, PPCG's info is really outdated. See xda-devs for more up-to-date info.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2 crap
Carrier: sprint

ease-e is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide 2012 Android on SD card! FLASH 11, 4 Steps, TP2 DL lnks (FRX07.1)

great stuff. i watched a few vidz n checked a few dozen sites. what i found is this

-get your sd card and connect to computer
-go here
XDAndroid
-download files:
..... GBX0C_Full_Bundle_2012.04.24.zip
..... FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901.zip
-unzip and put GBX onto the card
-unzip FRX, enter STARTUPS, choose your device folder, choose your device, you should see STARTUP.TXT
- COPY the STARTUP.TXT (don't douple click and open, just the icon that says 'startup.txt).
- PASTE the STARTUP.TXT into the GBX folder (you should see 'androidapps/conf/startups/haret.exe/ *you will see it say PLACE STARTUP.TXT HERE* it will actually say that)
-put your sd card into your phone
-select the sd card from the file explorer'
-select HaRET.EXE

this is going to take a while so feel free to watch a tv episode.
IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK WITH COMPLETE EFFICIENCY RIGHT NOW, stuff will work just not everything how it should. i did mine at night, in the morning things were working A LOT better.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ease-e View Post
great stuff. i watched a few vidz n checked a few dozen sites. what i found is this

-get your sd card and connect to computer
-go here
XDAndroid
-download files:
..... GBX0C_Full_Bundle_2012.04.24.zip
..... FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901.zip
-unzip and put GBX onto the card
-unzip FRX, enter STARTUPS, choose your device folder, choose your device, you should see STARTUP.TXT
- COPY the STARTUP.TXT (don't douple click and open, just the icon that says 'startup.txt).
- PASTE the STARTUP.TXT into the GBX folder (you should see 'androidapps/conf/startups/haret.exe/ *you will see it say PLACE STARTUP.TXT HERE* it will actually say that)
-put your sd card into your phone
-select the sd card from the file explorer'
-select HaRET.EXE

this is going to take a while so feel free to watch a tv episode.
IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK WITH COMPLETE EFFICIENCY RIGHT NOW, stuff will work just not everything how it should. i did mine at night, in the morning things were working A LOT better.
Why are you mixing FRX and GBX? There's absolutely no reason to take ANYTHING from FRX. In fact, it's probably best to ensure you have NOTHING from FRX, as that is old and outdated. The newest kernels will NOT work with certain components from FRX (specifically the startup.txt and HaRET.exe)
Old 02-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

socialdavid is a n00b

Here's a stupid question. Sorry if it's redundant. I installed this, but phone won't make or receive calls while on Android. If I try the phone icon, says "App not installed". Phone button just stops Android process with error something like "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Inbound calls don't ring at all. What's the fix?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

humm... a bit more information please. what did you install exactly?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond

statchmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to statchmoe Send a message via Skype™ to statchmoe
Google Play Store on Froyo???

I can't get the google play store to install in Froyo... I have tried everything. Anyone have a solution?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Emmaugoh is a n00b

Even me me either but,that does not matter for me nown..cos i can see all apps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2