PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) Sept. 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
You saying I can run the OCT GUI with my setup, click on/off & then run droid?
Works for me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:39 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) Sept. 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Works for me.
Using this: OCT_V-1.5.CAB
From: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84#post7463284
Correct?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Yep. Might want to confirm with others, though.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
Yep. Might want to confirm with others, though.
FYI: Step III. #5, your earlier post, am testing now, will let you know
Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010

actually butler360 is right that works easier and its a simple 2 click process

BUT one more thing if ur running it overclocked on scripts and u use OCT to put it back to 528 then u should immediately start android as after a certain time ( not sure exactly how long) it will again go to ur overclock speed.

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
actually butler360 is right that works easier and its a simple 2 click process

BUT one more thing if ur running it overclocked on scripts and u use OCT to put it back to 528 then u should immediately start android as after a certain time ( not sure exactly how long) it will again go to ur overclock speed.
Hey thanks for working through this... You 2 may be using different scripts?
I'm using SetCPU speed 1d to set parameters for Msmm7kcpuspeek v2. Seems to me you can either run that or the OC stuff. When I try to run OCT on top of that, it does nothing. For example, running stop says it's not loaded (I never do with my OC method), i have to run the GUI, set it & then when I do, it doesn't change. Even set then exit out & test, it doesn't back it down.

Could you post the exact "scripts" you're using?

*edit* I've switched OC just for this.. ha! never thought I would. took out setcpuspeed & put in OCTrun in windows, startup! Now it works GREAT! wowsers... way too easy. Still would like to know what your talking about with the scripts

Last edited by teradog; 09-11-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have been overclocking since version 2 first came out ( the first one would hang and cause too much problems) there was a script from a member jcp*** in the xda forums the thread for msm7kcpuspeed. Like you i subscribed to the belief if it aint broken dont fix it. i had to install mortscript and copy the script file ( named *.mscr) to the startup folder and voila at startup my speed was 768 after 1 minute the speed was increased to 787 during a phone call it would downclock to 604 . havent had an SOD yet from overclocking ( well i did in the last few day but it was because i was trying to push it to 864. i was able to run the benchmark 2 times in a row but it hung on the 3rd run so my max overclock is 844)

Last edited by docnas; 09-11-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Bump, for some of the younger folks...

Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, this should be stickied!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

I know SIM card has played havoc with android but since I am not in US now, I am using my sim card. Can someone confirm that SIM card can coexist with the android? last time I tried when I am back home, i had to take out the original sim card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2