PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

I want to setting up an apn to access internet from my phone by using all the value as Winmo is but no luck. I think the setting is nothing wrong for my carrier. I do not know where the problem come from .
Ah, just forget about usb tethering for now.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bullis82 is a n00b
Re: Simple Guide, 6 Easy Steps (15 min): ANDROID TP2 DL links, 3/25 FRX06, GingerBre

I also have the same issue with the GSM signal getting lost continuously once the screen goes off.

I read the comments above on using another kernel, any direction on the topic how to change it?

Also, is there any chance to use a GSM Android version on the TP2 Sprint version and work for both camera and GSM signal ?

Btw, thanx for this topic its really helping me.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullis82 View Post
I also have the same issue with the GSM signal getting lost continuously once the screen goes off.

I read the comments above on using another kernel, any direction on the topic how to change it?
My FRX06 thread includes directions on how to swap kernels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullis82 View Post
Also, is there any chance to use a GSM Android version on the TP2 Sprint version and work for both camera and GSM signal ?
Not at this time. As I stated already, there's a bug in the clocks commit that came in on kernel #1258. It hasn't been fixed since. This predates camera functionality.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work

Hello All! Great Thread you have here Teradog! I'm an avid member of Howard Forums and have decided to become a member of PPCG since I wish to know as much as possible about my TP2 and what it's capable of and KNOW this is a great community as is HoFo. One thing I have noticed that may be of interest is that if you have your TP2 in XDAndroid and charging it is possible to do a battery pull without losing power. It must be done quickly but this allows for battery swaps and since I own 2 extras it comes in handy(this will not work in WM). I also want to thank arrrghhh for the suggestion of SystemPanel lite as my physical(answer,hang,back and menu) buttons are not functional and it's a bitch to go into app manager>forceclose everytime I get somewhere I can't back out of.

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 04-30-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc 6900 Vogue

lawyer1333 is a n00b

Anybody have any help with acquiring an initial signal when android starts up. I have set the phone to CDMA only and removed the sim card but it still says no signal over half the time after a reboot
Old 05-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer1333 View Post
Anybody have any help with acquiring an initial signal when android starts up. I have set the phone to CDMA only and removed the sim card but it still says no signal over half the time after a reboot
Read the whole thread I'm pretty sure this has been answered if not update.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BigMoneyRob is a n00b

i keep getting the "failed to find rootfs on SD Card. You need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your SD card"

Thing is i have, the rootfs.img is unzipped. I've tried it putting it on the Storage Card and on the Storage Card/andboot. None have worked.. Help! Thanks!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyRob View Post
i keep getting the "failed to find rootfs on SD Card. You need to unzip a rootfs zip file to the root of your SD card"

Thing is i have, the rootfs.img is unzipped. I've tried it putting it on the Storage Card and on the Storage Card/andboot. None have worked.. Help! Thanks!
So in the startup.txt there's a rel_path= setting under cmdline - no? If there is no setting, you have to put everything at the root of the SD card - no folders. If you want to put everything in a folder, you need to set the rel_path= setting. For example, I have my Android two folders deep - so my rel_path=Androids/FRX06. Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BigMoneyRob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
So in the startup.txt there's a rel_path= setting under cmdline - no? If there is no setting, you have to put everything at the root of the SD card - no folders. If you want to put everything in a folder, you need to set the rel_path= setting. For example, I have my Android two folders deep - so my rel_path=Androids/FRX06. Hope this helps.
I now have everything in the root of the SD card. My startup.txt has "rel_path=andboot"
I'm still getting the same "failed to the rootfs....." soo i can't boot! Thanks for the quick response i really appreciate it!

Last edited by BigMoneyRob; 05-01-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyRob View Post
I now have everything in the root of the SD card. My startup.txt has "rel_path=andboot"
I'm still getting the same "failed to the rootfs....." soo i can't boot! Thanks for the quick response i really appreciate it!
From what Arrrghhh posted you need everything in the andboot folder not to the root if rel_path=andboot is your startup.txt....thats just how I read it, I may be way off since I'm a noober.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 05-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2