PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
overclocking winmo and android not booting

ok so recently i have been trying to get android to boot on my sprint tp2 and also on my gfs vzw tp2. we both had our phones overclocked in windows mobile with the netripper app and the oc 4.21 script. every single time i would try and boot android it would say booting linux the status bar would go to the end and than the phone would hang, both of them. so i would pull all the files off format the sd and than everything would work as expected on both phones. once i set the overclocking script back up the same thing would happen it would hang on the booting linux screen and i would have to remove the script for it to work again.

has anyone else experienced this and if so can you fix it? i like to mess around with android but i still use winMo as my primary OS and its kind of a pain to have to uninstall the script just to boot into android. i also know there is another overclocking winMo script but i havent tried it so i dont know if it will cause the same problem.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Re: overclocking winmo and android not booting

i think thats a known issue... you would have to turn on safe mode in the overclocking program to about 70 or 80 seconds to give you enough time to open project android after a fresh boot... u could also install the dualboot and that would open right away but you will still need to set safe mode to give you enough time to boot into android before the phone overclocks... also make sure the safe mode speed is stock speed... i havent tried this but it should work.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2!
Carrier: Jog PCS
Threadstarter

steveoski is keeping up the good worksteveoski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
i think thats a known issue... you would have to turn on safe mode in the overclocking program to about 70 or 80 seconds to give you enough time to open project android after a fresh boot... u could also install the dualboot and that would open right away but you will still need to set safe mode to give you enough time to boot into android before the phone overclocks... also make sure the safe mode speed is stock speed... i havent tried this but it should work.
Thanks i will try this and give it a shot thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 & Moto Droid (wife)
Carrier: VZW

The Machinist is keeping up the good workThe Machinist is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
it works, been doin that for a while now. safe mode, stock speed, 300000ms. I recently dug out the dualboot .cab since I kept missing my "window of opportunity"....just make sure you edit your startup.txt accordingly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, booting linux, freeze, overclock