PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sync outlook calendar

I know Sprint hero allows you to sync calendar, contact and mails from outlook but the android build for Tp2 only allows me to sync contact and mails. Is there a way i can sync outlook (exchange) calendar withouth having to move my appointments to google calendar and syncing that with gsync
Old 05-19-2010, 04:59 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: sync outlook calendar

http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

still uses google but syncs through outlook exchange
Old 05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

still uses google but syncs through outlook exchange
the problem is that wm only allows 1 exchange account and i need that one for my work....so cant setup google on activesycn
Old 05-20-2010, 06:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well then id say no...
Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_jughead View Post
I know Sprint hero allows you to sync calendar, contact and mails from outlook but the android build for Tp2 only allows me to sync contact and mails. Is there a way i can sync outlook (exchange) calendar withouth having to move my appointments to google calendar and syncing that with gsync
not necessarily...I just sync'ed exactly what you are talking about using the bottom rar. file from the posting be reffermateness 2.1 sense,

I am still trying to make a call...looking at the settings.

Last edited by proxhack; 05-20-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_jughead View Post
the problem is that wm only allows 1 exchange account and i need that one for my work....so cant setup google on activesycn
You can use the calendar sync app:
http://www.google.com/support/calend...n&answer=89955

That's what I do...works fine. Only drawback - it is an program that runs in your PC tray and will only sync when you are on your PC and connected to outlook/exchange.

If you accept a meeting on your phone, it won't immediately propagate to your google calendar - but it will do so on the next sync interval (assuming your PC is running at your desk).

Last edited by madoc; 05-27-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I found that instead of using the android build with Sense....there is an option to sync outlook calendar inbuild.....so no need to use gsync or desktop solution....bad part is that sense makes the phone slow to respond
Old 06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

I was looking for a solution for this as well and found a thread...somewhere that explained:

Export Contacts from Outlook to a .csv (windows) file on your desktop. Login in to Gmail. Import .csv contacts.

You can do the same for Calendar...

Worked for me. Took a couple trys - had to map fields once to get the format down, but worked...

Not the most elegant solution, but it does work...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jdr00ejr

Bumping this thread back up hoping there is a newer solution that I'm missing. I loaded the 8/30 version of Android on my phone and would be rockin it right now but I can't sync my company exchange calendar. Can anyone help with this? Is there a reason this can't be done? I know my boss has the "Motorola Droid" and it syncs to our Exchange Account.

Looking through this thread and others - seems you have to sync through google first which causes a delay or the export option just above this post - but that's not acceptable for what I need either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Bumping this thread back up hoping there is a newer solution that I'm missing. I loaded the 8/30 version of Android on my phone and would be rockin it right now but I can't sync my company exchange calendar. Can anyone help with this? Is there a reason this can't be done? I know my boss has the "Motorola Droid" and it syncs to our Exchange Account.

Looking through this thread and others - seems you have to sync through google first which causes a delay or the export option just above this post - but that's not acceptable for what I need either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I am also on the new 8/30 version and i have got my email/contacts and calendar all synced with my corporate exchange server. With Froyo you no longer have to sync it through google....it would directly go to exchange server and sync it even direct push your emails.

HEre are the steps i followed:
1) go to home
2) hit on your menu button
3) go to settings and find account and sync
4) add new account
follow the steps in this setup wizard and that should take care of it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2