PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The Smoothest running Android Sense 2.1 experience ever with latest rootfs 07/01/2010

Hi everybody I am stoked about the new android rootfs-latest.zip found at this website http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/ and the latest Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI View found at this website http://sites.google.com/site/androidport/downloads. ACL suggested a while back that I start an Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI thread for him. So I finally found the time to do it. I want to give thanks to XDANDROID Eclair team for rootfs-latest.zip and Matthew Gonzales, Reefermattness, and everybody who contributed in making Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI View truly an awesome experience. Please give it a try you won't regret it.

1. Download both files with the hyperlinks above.
2. Copy the Android Version 2.1 w/Sense UI cab on to your sd card.
3. Install the Android Version 2.1 w/ Sense UI View cab. Configure Android to your liking.
4. Unzip the latest rootfs and rename it rootfs and copy it to your touch pro sd card in the andboot file.
5. Rerun the Android icon on your touch pro 2 and your are finished.

Enjoy a smoother Android Version 2.1 w/Sense UI experience. I also recommend when upgrading to do it manually with replacing the rootfs file from the http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/ website.

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 07-04-2010 at 01:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

shawn43 is a n00b
Re: The Smoothest running Android Sense 2.1 experience ever with latest rootfs 07/01/

I don't know why my vzw tp2 never made it which always stuck in the booting screen.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The Smoothest running Android Sense 2.1 experience ever with latest rootfs 07/01/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn43 View Post
I don't know why my vzw tp2 never made it which always stuck in the booting screen.
The first install could take upto 15 to 20 minutes to install. I have the sprint touch pro 2 does vzw have a sim card this could stop your installation if it is in the phone. Make sure you patiently wait for the installation to finish. Make sure you install the Rhod 500 version this the one for Verizion.

Last edited by jamice4u; 07-03-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

Does this build/setup still have the issues where you cant search the market place or use search option on most browsers and also the issue where you cant set/edit some of the Sense widgets? Those are the main reasons I dont use the sense build. Other then that I enjoy it better then the regular Android builds.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
Does this build/setup still have the issues where you cant search the market place or use search option on most browsers and also the issue where you cant set/edit some of the Sense widgets? Those are the main reasons I dont use the sense build. Other then that I enjoy it better then the regular Android builds.
I am reloading my android so I can test out the search feature in the market place and the browser. I will report what I found out shortly.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo381 View Post
The web search works but the android market search makes the phone crash everytime.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Rhodium

Hugo381 is keeping up the good workHugo381 is keeping up the good work

try skyfire and dolphin browser hd too, those made phone reboot also
Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

jamice4u, thanks for putting this up. Ive been meaning to do but i kept forgetting. Im interested to see where mathew gonzales got his build since Klinux and i were the original masterminds of the sense ui formula. I just like to give credit where credit is due and Klinux put alot of hours mixing and matching libs to give everyone the best performance possible. Its not easy when you have a full time job.

More devs are getting involved with 3d, so soon i hope we can have an even smoother sense ui.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
jamice4u, thanks for putting this up. Ive been meaning to do but i kept forgetting. Im interested to see where mathew gonzales got his build since Klinux and i were the original masterminds of the sense ui formula. I just like to give credit where credit is due and Klinux put alot of hours mixing and matching libs to give everyone the best performance possible. Its not easy when you have a full time job.

More devs are getting involved with 3d, so soon i hope we can have an even smoother sense ui.

I got it from Klinux himself, I was one of his first testers when he made his first build. Would tell him what wasn't working for the Rhod. :P
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefermattness View Post
I got it from Klinux himself, I was one of his first testers when he made his first build. Would tell him what wasn't working for the Rhod. :P
I just gave you your propers in the original post and I personally sent you some thanks too. Thank you for being one of the pioneers of the Android 2.1 Sense UI. Thank you for making our awesome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, download, latest, sense 2.1, touch pro 2