PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Exchange and Xandroid question about text messages

i set up my exchange with google.. not hard.. when i came to this pic found here http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

now when i set mine up yesterday, it also said "text messages" on here too...... if i check text messages, will i see them in android to then when i switch over?? its a little odd having 1 set of messages on winmo and a seperate set on Xandroid...

it'd be nice if our texts were same on both sides.. i can dual sync contacts through exchange ie saves to both winmo and xandroid.. just wonder if texts will do the same before i do it
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth
Re: Exchange and Xandroid question about text messages

When i set that up in winmo, originally it gave me the option to sync my text messages. Then after it did the initial push/pull, it removed that selection. I really dont think that it supports that option yet.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ok thanks....

so we'll just have 2 different sets of threaded messages then???

1set on the WinMO side?
1set on the Xandroid side?

no way to dual sync them??
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

nevergonnauseth is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nevergonnauseth Send a message via Yahoo to nevergonnauseth

yeah afaik theres no way to export them. you can sync them to windows servers with myphone on the winmo side but i dont know if you can pull that information and push it into an android phone.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Unaufhaltsam is keeping up the good workUnaufhaltsam is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Yahoo to Unaufhaltsam Send a message via Skype™ to Unaufhaltsam

You could use a program to export and restore them. SMS Backup & Restore can do it on Android. Winmo has 3GMobile SMS+Contacts Backup to do it, though I'm sure there is probably a free program to do it on Winmo. That's probably more work than its worth though.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaufhaltsam View Post
You could use a program to export and restore them. SMS Backup & Restore can do it on Android. Winmo has 3GMobile SMS+Contacts Backup to do it, though I'm sure there is probably a free program to do it on Winmo. That's probably more work than its worth though.
id look into that, except i dont actually "save"" messages.. i get a few hundered at best, and their gone.. pic mails get saved as they comes in and goto my "funny pics" folder if i like it.. or to the folder of the relevant girl(hehehe) and then the message is gone.. i never have more than 5, maybe 6, open threads in my inbox.. ill delete the same persons msgs completely sometimes 5 times in a day to keep my inbox clean...

i just wondered if it was possible... contacts werent that simple, ok it was, but its like a few steps to do it (i used thunderbird to convert my contacts to format gmail uses and imported from there.. then did exchange for email.. boom..all my stuff dual syncs..

i dont mind, the day i asked this i just happen to wanna forward a message and was in android.. had to reset to get into windows, to forward the message instead... not a huge deal to me by any means, im sure other are actually interested in it more than i at this point
Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

When they release MIQ (http://www.miqlive.com) for Android, then u can have MIq running in both winmo and android and set to auto sync and you'll have ur texts synced in both winmo and android

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, exchange, sync, text messages, xandroid