PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 AM
RSD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

RSD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Updated 3-23-2010

I moved everything to "andboot" and tried to run and it did not. It required zImage, initrd.gz and of course haret.exe in the root.

Also, now it is unable to connect to network. It was working with stuff in the root of the storage card before.

I am doing it correctly?

Thanks!

..Ramesh
i-nigma reader,facebook,spriteback,PHM regedit,
Total Commander,Trapster,Advanced config,Ferrari GT Evolution, etc.,
Old 03-31-2010, 01:31 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD View Post
I moved everything to "andboot" and tried to run and it did not. It required zImage, initrd.gz and of course haret.exe in the root.

Also, now it is unable to connect to network. It was working with stuff in the root of the storage card before.

I am doing it correctly?

Thanks!

..Ramesh

I don't think you need to move anything to a folder called andboot, just move every single file to the root of your sd card. lol I'm currently trying to run the latest Android on my TP1, ran into issues lol its better on the TP2...
Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thought you guys might like to see this from the latest rootfs.img just posted to the Autobuild site!!

Quote:
Add CDMA support for CDMA+GSM world phones (like
RhodiumW/RHOD400/RHOD500)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

I am doing it correctly?

Thanks!

..Ramesh
If you are using the current initrd.gz from the autobuild site, it has native support for EVERYTHING in the andboot directory, including haret.exe. That is actually how I run mine. It will still create a few files like the file checks and some cache directories in the root directory, but the rest of Android will stay in the andboot directory. You don't need any special switches or anything to run it out of this directory. If all you are running is Android, I would just recommend you use the root directory, but if you still want to have some WM stuff on your Storage Card then doing the andboot keeps things a tad cleaner.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:51 AM
RSD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

RSD is just getting started

Is this the link for the latest rootfs?
http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Thought you guys might like to see this from the latest rootfs.img just posted to the Autobuild site!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
One can only assume this means someone won't have to cook in Mr Pippy's CDMA_RIL everytime?

Dunno, testing it out now.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:32 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, it is.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnapue View Post
One can only assume this means someone won't have to cook in Mr Pippy's CDMA_RIL everytime?

Dunno, testing it out now.
That would be correct, we now have a fully merged RIL, as long as you are using the CDMA switch in your startup.txt then it will use the proper RIL information.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

drynaps is just getting started

Quote:

I am doing it correctly?

Thanks!

..Ramesh
If you have the newest initrd file then you will be able to have everything under the andboot folder.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 Rhodium Updated 3-31-2010

Now any of you USCC users etc, if you could update to the latest rootfs.img and let me know if your Data is working without modification, rumor has it, it might be, otherwise look in the APN settings and populate your info that you had to do before, without using the script. Use the options in the APN. Let me know if that works for ya!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2