PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

couple q's

1) is there a way to turn on the keyboard backlight when slid open?
2) the device goes into standby/sleep too fast. how can i change that? (regular display settings seem to be ignored)

thanks and keep up the great work, devs!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [11/221] FRX03 Reference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
1) is there a way to turn on the keyboard backlight when slid open?
2) the device goes into standby/sleep too fast. how can i change that? (regular display settings seem to be ignored)
1) Not until we get the kernel issue fixed. Either the kbd backlight is always on, or always off... your choice. You can have it always on by booting haret with it on in WinMo.

2) Never tried messing with the settings for automatic sleep - I'd imagine it's in the display settings, it has no effect? Keep in mind, the lock screen is different from "normal" use - it'll turn off very quickly from the lock screen, because either you're unlocking the phone or you're not... Kinda like your mom, "inside or out!"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
1) Not until we get the kernel issue fixed. Either the kbd backlight is always on, or always off... your choice. You can have it always on by booting haret with it on in WinMo.

2) Never tried messing with the settings for automatic sleep - I'd imagine it's in the display settings, it has no effect? Keep in mind, the lock screen is different from "normal" use - it'll turn off very quickly from the lock screen, because either you're unlocking the phone or you're not... Kinda like your mom, "inside or out!"
thanks for the quick response! it's just that the backlight times out after about 5 seconds, which is really quick (a screen tap brings it back, but after 10 sec it goes into sleep.) and YOUR MOM! LOL
Old 12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
thanks for the quick response! it's just that the backlight times out after about 5 seconds, which is really quick (a screen tap brings it back, but after 10 sec it goes into sleep.) and YOUR MOM! LOL
Didn't mean to make a your mom joke there, haha but ok.

So you're saying if you go to Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout, and you change it, the change doesn't effect it? Mine is set to 1 minute, and it definitely takes a minute for the screen to time out (assuming it's not on the lock screen again....)
Old 12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Didn't mean to make a your mom joke there, haha but ok.

So you're saying if you go to Settings -> Display -> Screen Timeout, and you change it, the change doesn't effect it? Mine is set to 1 minute, and it definitely takes a minute for the screen to time out (assuming it's not on the lock screen again....)
I'm pretty sure that screen timeout under display settings works for me too. I get at least a minute out of mine.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
I seem to remember someone made a patch for this but it just hasn't been merged into the git yet, is that right? Has it gotten more difficult to get patches merged in for some reason?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I seem to remember someone made a patch for this but it just hasn't been merged into the git yet, is that right? Has it gotten more difficult to get patches merged in for some reason?
No patch yet. WisTilt2 said that every RHOD is different, evidently in a fairly drastic way. He's also the one who has been submitting most of the fixes of late, and he's been MIA. He said he would be back after Thanksgiving, but I haven't heard from him... We need like 5 more of him, and this project'll be done in a few weeks
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

I know there was a fix not too long ago for the "repeatedly pressing volume button crashes Android" and for a while that issue went away, but I've been seeing it happen again lately. anybody know if maybe the fix for that was pulled out of the latest builds?
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
I know there was a fix not too long ago for the "repeatedly pressing volume button crashes Android" and for a while that issue went away, but I've been seeing it happen again lately. anybody know if maybe the fix for that was pulled out of the latest builds?
The "fix" was disabling JIT, which occurs in the system image. If you're on FRX03, then you have the 'fix'. Where are you experiencing the issue? Perhaps a new kernel introduced the issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

I am on FRX03, and I guess I need to clarify because it's not crashing when i'm changing the volume, it's crashing when I change the "in call volume" during a call. when I try, the call goes to speakerphone, then the system locks up, then android reboots itself.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps