PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mthomas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Can someone here tell me how I can get the white android taskbar?
Get the reference package instead of the BLAZIN...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

How can we track the system builds for android?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213
How can we track the system builds for android?
reefers site has a list of the builds in an archive.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

not needed.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 10-25-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: rude comment
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Is there somewhere that defines what the system.ext2, kernel, rootfs, and initrd all do?
You should start by skimming the pinned FAQ on this board, which addresses this, as well as also where you can go to see updates for each part.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Not needed.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 10-25-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: sorry manekineko
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Your recent posts have been painfully long and rude for you to end them with "it doesn't matter, I'm moving to a real android phone blah blah blah..."
Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

Best... Member... Ever...
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Is there somewhere that defines what the system.ext2, kernel, rootfs, and initrd all do?
Quote:
Yeah I did that but it looks like you skimmed my post and blindly replied assuming the unfallible FAQ had the answer. Before I posted I did skim the FAQ, project tracking, links to android on other phones, downloads, archive, wiki links, twitter, facebook, ect (I don't know how I missed it). Maybe you should read the FAQ and updates section thoroughly instead of skimming through them so you can provide a useful reply.
From the parts of the FAQ that I originally contributed (you might even say I updated the section of the FAQ thoroughly a few months ago instead of skimming so I could provide a useful reply for everyone to reference):

Quote:
initrd.gz is a tiny disk image used to boot a Linux kernel, before the real file system can be mounted. The build of this used for XDAndroid is stable, and updates are rare.
zimage and modules together are the Linux kernel, and form the core operating system. This is where hardware drivers are included.
rootfs.img contains additional files needed to run the basic Linux system.
system.ex2 contains Android's extra parts that run on top of Linux.
Also, you're kinda a jerk and I wonder why anyone is thanking your post where you're being a jerk. What have you contributed lately?
Old 10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
DarkLight

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Also, you're kinda a jerk and I wonder why anyone is thanking your post where you're being a jerk. What have you contributed lately?
People thanked Musselini for making the trains run on time too...go figure.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
Your recent posts have been painfully long and rude for you to end them with "it doesn't matter, I'm moving to a real android phone blah blah blah..."
Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk
lol.. ahh you just made my day.. love me a good roast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps