PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Android can only use one radio or the other, so you have to chose between GSM or CDMA. I don't have a SIM card to test with, but I've heard that you do have to remove the SIM card if you want to use the CDMA service. Do you use both simultaneously in WinMo...?
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

solanoj34 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

sorry if I din't post correctly this is my first post... Thanks to everyone for their hard work... I hope this helps, I had the same problem.
is the first step of the guide made by teradog"1. PULL SIM OUT: take out battery, use stylus to wedge out white rectangular SIM downward"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
Take out your sim card...I had the exact problem until i took out my sim. I know there is a way to boot w/ ur sim card in but I cant remember where it was posted on here.

But like stated unless you need ur sim for overseas travel then take it out and it should boot right the first time.

GO TO:
Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010 by Teradog
.[/QUOTE]VII. TIPS, TWEAKS & TRICKS (stuff to try)
Get droid to work with the sim card.
I can't take credit for this but it worked.
1. Make sure droid is up and running and working fine.
2. Shut down, remove SD card, insert sim card, restart.
3. After complete boot, got to settings>personal>phone and set to cdma only.
4. shut down again, insert sd card and reboot.
- thanks swlaraut for pointing out a key faq item.[/QUOTE]]
I hope that helps

Last edited by solanoj34; 10-18-2010 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

does this still not work with the indaGROOVE roms? i've tried everything to boot into android running this rom, i deleted all the folders (andboot and program files) from my sd card, extracted the latest 10/13 rar onto card and still haret just freezes after the progress bar fills about 85%, i've tried launching haret itself and also the boot utility in program files....

Last edited by t0mmyr; 10-19-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
does this still not work with the indaGROOVE roms? i've tried everything to boot into android running this rom, i deleted all the folders (andboot and program files) from my sd card, extracted the latest 10/10 rar onto card and still haret just freezes after the progress bar fills about 85%, i've tried launching haret itself and also the boot utility in program files....
ROM shouldn't affect (effect?) Android whatsoever. Try formatting your SD and start with a fresh, clean build. Make sure you have the correct startup.txt for your phone as well.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

robinsondm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I spoke to soon, back to the "No Service" again. It's booting up in Airplane mode and when I try to toggle it off it attempts it then reverts back. Tried booting using Haret.exe from the sd card and the Project Android icon. What should I be choosing in device selection? I tried Rhod500 and Tilt2 with the same results. Thanks, Tommy.
If you're on Sprint, you should select Rhod400 in the Startup utility. Also remove the SIM card from your phone, if you haven't already. In my experience, I could sometimes boot with cell service when the SIM was installed, but the phone would eventually go to "No Service" and stay that way. Since removing the SIM, I've had no problems getting & keeping cell service. Good luck
Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Maybe with the upcoming global Android devices from VZW, there will be info that can help the devs get our phones to be true global phones in android as well. Based on a recent pic I saw, they have a few global smartphones with Android being released this quarter.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
ROM shouldn't affect (effect?) Android whatsoever. Try formatting your SD and start with a fresh, clean build. Make sure you have the correct startup.txt for your phone as well.
thats about the last thing left i can do is format my sd card ....gotta back up my 8gigs later tonight then

what startup.txt should i use? i've tried the startup app and selected rhod400 because i do have sprint, i've also tried every combination on the overclocks all levels and off....i was wondering if it was having issues with the indaGROOVE rom cuz this rom uses a very new 4.x us cell base, i havent seen a tp2 winmo move so fast
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
thats about the last thing left i can do is format my sd card ....gotta back up my 8gigs later tonight then

what startup.txt should i use? i've tried the startup app and selected rhod400 because i do have sprint, i've also tried every combination on the overclocks all levels and off....i was wondering if it was having issues with the indaGROOVE rom cuz this rom uses a very new 4.x us cell base, i havent seen a tp2 winmo move so fast
Here's the startup I use with Sprint. And the ROM shouldn't make a difference since you're not running WM, everything's running off the sd card so it really shouldn't matter. Try formatting the sd card, if you search back a few pages I believe there's a "recommended" app to format the sd card, although I've used that and my pc, didn't make a difference that I can find. But reformatting the card did make it run a little smoother with less lock ups, etc. Maybe try reformatting, reload up the cab or rar files, use the latest startup app from sovereign and see if it works. If it does, it should create a startup.txt to use. If you need it, just change the default.txt to startup.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt default.TXT (355 Bytes, 134 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Here's the startup I use with Sprint. And the ROM shouldn't make a difference since you're not running WM, everything's running off the sd card so it really shouldn't matter. Try formatting the sd card, if you search back a few pages I believe there's a "recommended" app to format the sd card, although I've used that and my pc, didn't make a difference that I can find. But reformatting the card did make it run a little smoother with less lock ups, etc. Maybe try reformatting, reload up the cab or rar files, use the latest startup app from sovereign and see if it works. If it does, it should create a startup.txt to use. If you need it, just change the default.txt to startup.txt
thanks ill try this startup.txt now and if it doesnt work ill try format, it freezes while still in windows with haret dropped down on the taskbar, not in the linux terminal screen
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by solanoj34 View Post
sorry if I din't post correctly this is my first post... Thanks to everyone for their hard work... I hope this helps, I had the same problem.
is the first step of the guide made by teradog"1. PULL SIM OUT: take out battery, use stylus to wedge out white rectangular SIM downward"

GO TO:
Simple Guide: ANDROID TP2 CDMA TIPS/FAQ’s Sept. 2010 by Teradog
.VII. TIPS, TWEAKS & TRICKS (stuff to try)
Get droid to work with the sim card.
I can't take credit for this but it worked.
1. Make sure droid is up and running and working fine.
2. Shut down, remove SD card, insert sim card, restart.
3. After complete boot, got to settings>personal>phone and set to cdma only.
4. shut down again, insert sd card and reboot.
- thanks swlaraut for pointing out a key faq item.
I hope that helps
Glad some one was able to find this...

Last edited by bdurst08; 10-19-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps