PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmosing View Post
Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen this mentioned much. I've been following the TP2 android development for a while, and I've only installed it once some time ago and haven't used it at all. It seems like almost all the major functions are now complete and it's very usable, big thanks to all the developers.

I haven't seen the camera mentioned much, is that something nearly impossible to get working? I don't know much about software, did some searches but couldn't find much of a discussion on the topic and I am curious. Thanks.
This really is the most important part for people? I think the camera takes horrible pictures, but I guess that's just me lol.

There are some devs working on it, the userland stuff is done... but the kernel piece, the piece where Linux actually understands how to talk to the camera itself - that's the hard part, and the slow goings part.

Hopefully it will get some more attention soon, but there's still a lot of other things that need to be ironed out... Power management is #1 in my mind, and that is where a lot of work is being done currently. Full USB support seems around the corner as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
This really is the most important part for people? I think the camera takes horrible pictures, but I guess that's just me lol.

There are some devs working on it, the userland stuff is done... but the kernel piece, the piece where Linux actually understands how to talk to the camera itself - that's the hard part, and the slow goings part.

Hopefully it will get some more attention soon, but there's still a lot of other things that need to be ironed out... Power management is #1 in my mind, and that is where a lot of work is being done currently. Full USB support seems around the corner as well.
I just tried this test on TP2, try taking pictures without the backcover or remove the small plastic lens which is in front of it.
What i have found is that the crappy plastic which is in front of the camera get all dusty and scratcy and this causes the pictures to come really dull....i did a before and after with and without the plastic and the difference is day and night
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

i took that dam plastic piece out completely. and if done right you can put it back also!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 10-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Valid points, but assuming you have a nice camera... no need. I don't, but I bought my gf one so I can use it whenever
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Valid points, but assuming you have a nice camera... no need. I don't, but I bought my gf one so I can use it whenever
cant go wrong with a better camera....i dont think camera is that important right now for this port....for me power managment and 3.5 mm headphone jack are the most important ....

on a side note...where can i start reading or trying if i want to jump into android/linux development?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I agree, the camera in the TP2 leaves a lot to be desired and if and when the developers get around to fixing it is fine with me. I'm more concerned w/ call stability, which is dramatically improved, MMS, battery life and USB, with those, IMO, I would run this full time and not look back.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_m_jughead View Post
cant go wrong with a better camera....i dont think camera is that important right now for this port....for me power managment and 3.5 mm headphone jack are the most important ....

on a side note...where can i start reading or trying if i want to jump into android/linux development?
Agreed.

Well, if you know git - here's the repo. Build environment - you'll need one of those too. That's a pretty good guide by stinebd.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Has it happened to any of you with the new build that the phone would just restart randomly...it happens to me atleast 2-3 times in a day.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Where are the 10/4 downloads? I only see the 9/28 available.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Tilt2)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
Where are the 10/4 downloads? I only see the 9/28 available.
There is not a whole new package. Its only a 10/4 update using th update tool.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android os, tp2 android apps